Forum: Ruby Ruby In Steel Personal Edition RC1

C62c63cb6aa088a5b2c01570e288943d?d=identicon&s=25 Huw Collingbourne (Guest)
We've just put the first release candidate of Ruby In Steel PE online.
Users
of the beta versions will need to install this as the betas have now
expired. RC1 has no expiry date. We shall release the final version of
Ruby
In Steel PE by the end of January. It is unlikely to be significantly
different from the release candidate. You will need Visual Studio 2005
Standard Edition (not Express) or better to run Ruby In Steel.

Download here:
http://www.sapphiresteel.com/Steel-Download-and-Change-Log

best wishes
Huw Collingbourne

http://www.sapphiresteel.com
Ruby Programming In Visual Studio 2005
573b9499030e1ccb867ef80f0ff1ac49?d=identicon&s=25 Justin Bailey (Guest)
On 1/2/07, Huw Collingbourne <huw@delthisbitdarkneon.com> wrote:

> We've just put the first release candidate of Ruby In Steel PE online.
> Users

I've really enjoyed the product as you've been developing it. I prefer
Visual Studio to most other environments, so its nice to get Ruby syntax
coloring.

I would really like to see the IntelliSense in action - though I don't
know
that I'm willing to pay for it. Hopefully you'll release a time-locked
trial
version so I can try before buying.

I only have one complaint - about the new "splash screen" that appears
when
a ruby file is first loaded or even when selecting "Help | About" from
the
Visual Studio menu. That screen is pretty annoying because it takes
about 5
seconds to do its "fade-in" animation on my computer, and acts like a
modal
dialog. Please consider removing it!

Justin