Forum: Ruby on Rails Why doesn't any ajax work on my linux/lighttpd server

B4ae136234c8ea1c1570c0d23a21e280?d=identicon&s=25 Jon Druse (jdruse)
on 2007-01-02 18:39
hello all!

so i've got my app running great with sortable lists, fading objects and
what not.  but when i upload everything to my fedora core 5 server
running lighttpd, all the ajax stuff doesn't work. has anyone
experienced the same problem? any info would be very appreciated!
thank!

Jon
B0f09f622c913a13b9bfd332fca56563?d=identicon&s=25 Dan Manges (Guest)
Jon Druse wrote:
> but when i upload everything to my fedora core 5 server
> running lighttpd, all the ajax stuff doesn't work

Check to make sure you can access your javascript files through
lighttpd.  If that is working, install Firebug ( http://getfirebug.com/
) and use it along with the Rails log to debug the AJAX requests.

Dan Manges