Forum: Ruby RubyOSA 0.2.0

Dc32e0513d1a0b086d2afa9311e9e472?d=identicon&s=25 Laurent Sansonetti (Guest)

I'm pleased to announce the second public release of RubyOSA, 0.2.0.

RubyOSA is a bridge that connects Ruby to the Apple Event Manager
infrastructure. In big words, it allows you to do in Ruby what you
could do in AppleScript.

It can either be installed via RubyGems (gem install rubyosa), or
manually by building the sources.

More information on the project home page (including a more deeply
project description, samples etc...):

RubyOSA is still under heavy development, however you might already
find it useful.

Following are the release notes. Enjoy!

- Added support for some picture types ;
- Possible to use UTF-8 strings (if OSA.utf8_strings is set to true) ;
- Added new samples: Finder_show_desktop, BBEdit_unix_script,
  and iChat_images ;
- Translate file paths, Hashes, floating types and missing types.

- Handle application errors and convert them as Ruby exceptions ;
- Added 'class' to the list of reserved Ruby keywords to prefix when
  method parameters ;
- Suffix method names that are already registered with an integer value
  instead of prefixing with 'osa_' as there might be more than 2
duplicates ;
- Register the ID property if not already defined ;
- Fixed conversion handlers to not use 'self' ;
- Make sure to swap the data of 'type' coerced descriptors ;
- Convert four char codes to the Mac Roman encoding before using them,
  as otherwise they could be considered as more-than-4-bytes strings ;
- Remove invalid characters when generating constants ;
- Changed the "require 'rubygems'..." expressions to make them
compatible with
  Ruby 1.8.2 ;
- Try to require 'rubygems' in samples, as RubyOSA may have been
  installed as a gem ;
- Fixed generated code for methods taking an enumeration-like parameter.
Fc784eadb3b54531fdc3d2053db6f83f?d=identicon&s=25 Mat Schaffer (Guest)
On Jan 2, 2007, at 10:28 AM, Laurent Sansonetti wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm pleased to announce the second public release of RubyOSA, 0.2.0.

Thanks for this.  I'm not sure what I'll use it for just yet, but it
just oozes usefulness :)