Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] Rails SQL Views 0.5.0 Released

31254903db793bf6f84bbd607fe092fd?d=identicon&s=25 Anthony Eden (Guest)
Rails SQL Views 0.5.0 is now available from
http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=2435&release_id=8685 and shortly as
a Gem (gem install rails_sql_views). More information on Rails SQL
Views can be found at
http://activewarehouse.rubyforge.org/rails_sql_views/

This release finally fixes the SchemaDumper issues, including the
necessary select statement for the view. It also introduces PostgreSQL
support, tested on both the native and pure ruby drivers.

As always, comments and suggestions are welcome.

V/r
Anthony Eden
09ff21c336ae126e8b3199f8b64d7796?d=identicon&s=25 D. Taylor Singletary (Guest)
Anthony,

I'm really happy to see this plugin being released and your continued
work
on it.

Can you give an example of using views in your application after running
migration created using your gem? Since the views aren't returned with
the
show tables command, how does one tie a Model Class in their Rails
Application with a correlating View?

Thanks!

D. Taylor Singletary
31254903db793bf6f84bbd607fe092fd?d=identicon&s=25 Anthony Eden (Guest)
Thanks for the support!

I just use regular model classes. In my tests on 1.2 RC1 the unit
tests demonistrate models backed by views, so I'm not sure about the
behavior you are referring to.

Take a look at the ViewTest unit test to see. If it doesn't work with
a specific adapter then please let me know and I'll see what I can do
to get it working. Alternatively if you can send a unit test which
demonistrates a deficiency then that is even better.

V/r
Anthony Eden

--
Cell: 808 782-5046