Forum: Typo A little end of year poll

2763d87b1843f2d116e006b6039133a3?d=identicon&s=25 Frederic de Villamil (Guest)
Hi list,

As I'm working on Typo admin section, I have a few questions for you
(yes, YOU typo users). This will be painless as you'll likely just
need to answer "yes" or "no"

1- Do you use quick post tool ?

2- If not do you think it shall disappear without daage ?

3- If a visual rich editor was included in Typo, do you think it
should be enabled by default in admin (mostly for posts and pages) ?

4- If a visual rich editor was included in Typo, do you think it
should be enabled by default in frontend feedback form ?

5- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow ?

Thank you for replying this.
Frederic aka neuro` on #typo channel

--
Frédéric de Villamil
"Sadness is just another word for not enough coffee"  -- Scott Adams
> Hi list,
>
> As I'm working on Typo admin section, I have a few questions for you
> (yes, YOU typo users). This will be painless as you'll likely just
> need to answer "yes" or "no"
>
> 1- Do you use quick post tool ?

No, not really.

> 2- If not do you think it shall disappear without daage ?

Not sure what you mean.

> 3- If a visual rich editor was included in Typo, do you think it
> should be enabled by default in admin (mostly for posts and pages) ?

Uggh, no. I hate those things.

> 4- If a visual rich editor was included in Typo, do you think it
> should be enabled by default in frontend feedback form ?

Again, I would say no.

> 5- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow ?

Wait, wait, ahhhhhh!!!!!

-warner
E6d970c47c9a1945fad0fb604b3a15a2?d=identicon&s=25 Linda Derezinski (Guest)
1 - no
2 - I won't miss it
3 - depends on the performance.  If it doesn't hurt then sure, otherwise
no.
4 - same answer as #3
5 - haven't a clue ;)

-Linda
F090f43ff71ed8c9935b610293a5a22d?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Campbell (Guest)
1. No
2. It wouldn't be a problem. (It would disappear without damage)
3. If there was a visual rich editor it should be off by default.
4. Simplicity is key, so the visual rich editor should be off by
default.
5. 10 metres per second for a European Swallow.
0196ff65610046d2f8ba58bc4a45f144?d=identicon&s=25 Piers Cawley (Guest)
Frederic de Villamil <neuro@7el.net> writes:

> Hi list,
>
> As I'm working on Typo admin section, I have a few questions for you
> (yes, YOU typo users). This will be painless as you'll likely just
> need to answer "yes" or "no"
>
> 1- Do you use quick post tool ?

Once a flood

> 2- If not do you think it shall disappear without daage ?

Kill it!

> 3- If a visual rich editor was included in Typo, do you think it
> should be enabled by default in admin (mostly for posts and pages) ?

I'd rather have my eyeballs filled with quicklime.

> 4- If a visual rich editor was included in Typo, do you think it
> should be enabled by default in frontend feedback form ?

See 3.

> 5- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow ?

1Ss^-1, where S is defined as the distance travelled by an unladen
swallow in one second.
04d072ab8843cfd3d1714faf3a2a0fb2?d=identicon&s=25 mathew (Guest)
On 12/29/06, Frederic de Villamil <neuro@7el.net> wrote:
> 1- Do you use quick post tool ?

No. Never even tried it.

> 2- If not do you think it shall disappear without daage ?

I certainly wouldn't miss it.

> 3- If a visual rich editor was included in Typo, do you think it
> should be enabled by default in admin (mostly for posts and pages) ?

It should be configurable to "on by default" or "off by default".

> 4- If a visual rich editor was included in Typo, do you think it
> should be enabled by default in frontend feedback form ?

It should be configurable to "on by default" or "off by default".

> 5- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow ?

Mu.

mathew
E55ea1554ed16aae92524b5c456f7107?d=identicon&s=25 Jonathan Tron (jonathant)
Le 29 déc. 06 à 14:50, Frederic de Villamil a écrit :

> 1- Do you use quick post tool ?

Never

> 2- If not do you think it shall disappear without daage ?

Yes

> 3- If a visual rich editor was included in Typo, do you think it
> should be enabled by default in admin (mostly for posts and pages) ?

No, it should be disable by default.

> 4- If a visual rich editor was included in Typo, do you think it
> should be enabled by default in frontend feedback form ?

No, it should be enable on-demand :)

> 5- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow ?

11 meters per second for an European Swallow :)

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Tron
http://jonathan.tron.name
> 1- Do you use quick post tool ?

No.

> 2- If not do you think it shall disappear without daage ?

It would be fine if it disappeared, no matter what "daage" is. ;)

> 3- If a visual rich editor was included in Typo, do you think it
> should be enabled by default in admin (mostly for posts and pages) ?

I'd say off by default. And how would that merge with the current use
of textile or markdown?

> 4- If a visual rich editor was included in Typo, do you think it
> should be enabled by default in frontend feedback form ?

Off by default, and I wouldn't trust a rich editor on the frontend
without some extra validation (captcha, xss checking, etc.).

> 5- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow ?

Certainly much faster than a swallow carrying a coconut, I can tell you
that!

--
Cheers,

Kevin Williams
http://www.almostserio.us/

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
Magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
42b570f6f4312a872c2fc671e3ddc82b?d=identicon&s=25 Trejkaz (Guest)
On Sunday 31 December 2006 05:02, Jonathan Tron wrote:
> 11 meters per second for an European Swallow :)

I read a website which estimated it to 9.9 metres per second (rounding
it to
10 because there wasn't that much precision in the input numbers.)

That being said, I looked up swallow in Wikipedia and there is no such
thing
called a "European Swallow" in the first place. ;-)

TX
Trejkaz <trejkaz@trypticon.org> writes:

> On Sunday 31 December 2006 05:02, Jonathan Tron wrote:
>> 11 meters per second for an European Swallow :)
>
> I read a website which estimated it to 9.9 metres per second (rounding it to
> 10 because there wasn't that much precision in the input numbers.)
>
> That being said, I looked up swallow in Wikipedia and there is no such thing
> called a "European Swallow" in the first place. ;-)

Nah, strictly speaking they're barn swallows (analogous to house
martins and sand martins).
Be98e024732613d3bd377f28d4a31719?d=identicon&s=25 Ernie Oporto (Guest)
On 12/30/06, mathew <meta@pobox.com> wrote:

> On 12/29/06, Frederic de Villamil <neuro@7el.net> wrote:
> > 1- Do you use quick post tool ?

 No. Never.

> 2- If not do you think it shall disappear without daage ?

Is it gone yet? ;-)

> 3- If a visual rich editor was included in Typo, do you think it
> > should be enabled by default in admin (mostly for posts and pages) ?
>
> > 4- If a visual rich editor was included in Typo, do you think it
> > should be enabled by default in frontend feedback form ?

I agree all of the above should be configurable.

> 5- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow ?

Always 42.
A52b0e1c5d982f2512a03c5dbfd033d6?d=identicon&s=25 Dick Davies (Guest)
On 29/12/06, Frederic de Villamil <neuro@7el.net> wrote:

1. no
2. damage? well, yes, as i don't use it :)
3. no, i think they're ugly and unwieldy compared to textile
4. see 3
5. try asking on a python list :)
Le 31 déc. 06 à 00:21, Trejkaz a écrit :

> On Sunday 31 December 2006 05:02, Jonathan Tron wrote:
>> 11 meters per second for an European Swallow :)
>
> I read a website which estimated it to 9.9 metres per second
> (rounding it to
> 10 because there wasn't that much precision in the input numbers.)
>
> That being said, I looked up swallow in Wikipedia and there is no
> such thing
> called a "European Swallow" in the first place. ;-)

I did not remember the website when I post this, but you makes me
unsure. After googling I found it again : http://www.style.org/
unladenswallow/ :D

Yes I know completly irrelevent to the thread subject :)

Jonathan
--
Tron Jonathan
http://jonathan.tron.name

1. no
2. make it disappear
3. if you can set up typo you can write textile :)
4. visual rich editor as default frontend feedback tool might be useful
for
the civilians
5.