Forum: Ruby on Rails building a ror store

3631e726676d6b214ba07d5a1df1bcc7?d=identicon&s=25 shai rosenfeld (Guest)
on 2006-12-25 15:31
Hi, i'm starting to build a new store - app this week, and i was
wondering if someone knew of the best way to store cart sessions, and
all of the store-data i need to save up until a purchase... does anyone
know of some good way of implementing this? ( a link, or some resource
on the net )
i know the pragmatic programmers book has an example of building a
store, but i was wondering if there were some more well - known examples
of doing this?

any help or insights on building a store, will be kindly appreciated...
thanks in advance ...
:)

Ddc850a63a423c3ff963bdf3a097652f?d=identicon&s=25 Larry Kelly (ldk2005)
You might want to look at substruct, an RoR open source ecommerce
application.  See how they handle the shopping cart, or just use their
app
as a base for yours.

http://www.substruct.com

-Larry
On 12/25/06, shai rosenfeld <rails-mailing-list@andreas-s.net> wrote:

--
Best Regards,
-Larry

http://agilewebdevelopment.com/rails-ecommerce
Efe398b3b5436b0a8d4430090e8f86ea?d=identicon&s=25 seth b. (subimage)
Thanks for the plug, but that's not the URL....that actually goes to
some
ASP site throwing an error. :)

http://dev.subimage.com/projects/substruct - for project information,
download, install instructions.

and the demo site...

http://substruct.subimage.com
http://substruct.subimage.com/admin (admin / admin is the login)

--
--------------------
seth at subimage interactive

The Blog would be better if it had commenting capabilities and
syndication.  And paypal for the checkout...but those both seem like
very straightforward things to add on.

Joe
Ce953bec3af375ddc75e375233112b28?d=identicon&s=25 shai rosenfeld (Guest)
on 2006-12-26 09:39
thanks all;

i actually posted this message yesterday, kept on searching the web, and
actually found substruct a short while after this post; downloaded and
installed it, before catching any replies on this thread :) . anyway, i
caught the core of the store-app (all the relavant code i need to get my
own niche started) in railsapp/vendor/plugins/substruct/app. i'll start
from there. interestingly enough, this substruct store is based on the
store that is designed in the Pragmatic Programmer's book (Dave Thomas')
-- i recognize some of that code in the substruct application. it makes
it somewhat funner. :)

anyway, thanks for all the help.
much appreciated...

Efe398b3b5436b0a8d4430090e8f86ea?d=identicon&s=25 seth b. (subimage)
Actually it's not based on the code in the book...(was designed before
the
book), but there are some similarities. Glad you're enjoying it.

> store that is designed in the Pragmatic Programmer's book (Dave Thomas')

--
--------------------
seth at subimage interactive
-----
http://www.subimage.com
http://sublog.subimage.com
-----
http://www.getcashboard.com
http://dev.subimage.com/projects/substruct
Ce953bec3af375ddc75e375233112b28?d=identicon&s=25 shai rosenfeld (Guest)
on 2006-12-26 11:37
Subimage Interactive wrote:
> Actually it's not based on the code in the book...(was designed before
> the
> book), but there are some similarities. Glad you're enjoying it.
> seth at subimage interactive
> -----

thanks 'a seth.
warm regards.