Forum: Ruby on Rails ways of running functional tests

3901b7fc736dc05a6fc48f3704d06f1b?d=identicon&s=25 RichText (Guest)
on 2006-12-23 15:53
If I run all my tests using rake test, they all work. However, when I
run rake test:functionals, some functional tests fail on some of my
assertions?  If I run  the individual rb file in which the failing tests
appear, they work!

What is different between these ways of running functional tests? I've
been scratching my head over this one for ages!

Cheers.
58c6efb8466b9f85155fe6aa9fc37fce?d=identicon&s=25 Chris T (Guest)
RichText wrote:

Whenever I've had a problem like this it's been to do with the loading
of fixtures -- and  not loading all of them that were needed into a
functional test (meaning the  state of the items in the db depended on
which tests were run prior to it, and in which order). Have a look at
the functionals that are failing and make sure you are loading all the
fixtures that are needed, including any tables they depend on.

HTH
Chris
3901b7fc736dc05a6fc48f3704d06f1b?d=identicon&s=25 RichText (Guest)
on 2006-12-23 22:58
Dear Chris,

Thanks for the tip - I've sorted it now. I thought it would be something
obvious like this.

Cheers!
Bbc4b3fca1ae3161257a8636145b424d?d=identicon&s=25 Elliot Temple (Guest)
i unsubscribed months ago and started getting rails email again today

this has happened once before.

wtf?

-- Elliot Temple
http://curi.us/dialogs/
On 12/23/06, Elliot Temple <curi@curi.us> wrote:

> i unsubscribed months ago and started getting rails email again today
>
> this has happened once before.
>
> wtf?
>

> -- Elliot Temple
> http://curi.us/dialogs/

Sorry for the inconvenience, you can unsubscribe by sending email to
rubyonrails-talk-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

--
Rick Olson
http://weblog.techno-weenie.net