Forum: GNU Radio first session on a USRP E100

C369ebbe1655201988e376af57460f23?d=identicon&s=25 Achilleas Anastasopoulos (Guest)
I just got an E100 from a colleague.
After connecting a monitor through the HDMI and a keyboard/mouse
through the USB OTG
I booted up and the linux login screen comes up.

what is the root password that comes from Ettus?

Also, I noticed that the port named "CONSOLE" is slightly different
from the other 2 USB ports (OTG, HOST).
What port is it? what is its functionality?

thanks
Achilleas
93d90393e6a06dea948671110f6810a8?d=identicon&s=25 Jason Abele (Guest)
On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 6:29 AM, Achilleas Anastasopoulos
<anastas@umich.edu> wrote:
> I just got an E100 from a colleague.
> After connecting a monitor through the HDMI and a keyboard/mouse
> through the USB OTG
> I booted up and the linux login screen comes up.
>
> what is the root password that comes from Ettus?

usrpe

> Also, I noticed that the port named "CONSOLE" is slightly different
> from the other 2 USB ports (OTG, HOST).
> What port is it? what is its functionality?

The console port connects to a USB->TTL Serial chip for access to the
serial console of the Gumstix Module

We should probably link the FAQ in a more prominent place:
http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/usrpe...

Jason
Bf9f933ba2147185954d9766d9f7c72f?d=identicon&s=25 Philip Balister (Guest)
On 01/21/2011 06:29 AM, Achilleas Anastasopoulos wrote:
> I just got an E100 from a colleague.
> After connecting a monitor through the HDMI and a keyboard/mouse
> through the USB OTG
> I booted up and the linux login screen comes up.
>
> what is the root password that comes from Ettus?
>
> Also, I noticed that the port named "CONSOLE" is slightly different
> from the other 2 USB ports (OTG, HOST).
> What port is it? what is its functionality?

The FAQ (under construction) should help you get started.

Philip
228d410f4c999b15bfa9b1f541ebccc3?d=identicon&s=25 Hammad u. (hammad_u)
on 2013-08-22 10:31
Achilleas Anastasopoulos wrote in post #976538:
> I just got an E100 from a colleague.
> After connecting a monitor through the HDMI and a keyboard/mouse
> through the USB OTG
> I booted up and the linux login screen comes up.
>
> what is the root password that comes from Ettus?
>
> Also, I noticed that the port named "CONSOLE" is slightly different
> from the other 2 USB ports (OTG, HOST).
> What port is it? what is its functionality?
>
> thanks
> Achilleas

Achilleas hi ... :
Your answer..

Username = root
Password = usrpe or empty..
and the functoinality of port is here....
http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/usrpe...

but i have a question...
I have usrp e110
can you please tell me how you have connected the monitor through HDMI
bcz i am doing a project and connecting a monitor but no fruit :/ ....
Please help me,,,,please ..
basically what i have to do is to make a standalone unit ... I have to
connect a monitor , keyboard, mouse and run the built in angstorm
present in sd card.

Thanx in advance
Existing account

No account? Register here.