Forum: Ruby Re: Randomizing an Array?

825738339f48c5b8b2a72c02caf3d91c?d=identicon&s=25 Gavin Kistner (Guest)
From: Gavin Kistner
> You might search the mailing list archive on this topic if
> 'true' randomness (or close to it) is important to you.

Nevermind, I did it for you. Here's the thread:
http://rubyurl.com/5v8

Here's batsman's web page about it in depth (referenced in the first
post in the thread):
http://eigenclass.org/hiki.rb?sort_by+rand+is+biased

And here's a wiki page discussing other methods (referenced in
Mauricio's post):
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?ArrayShuffle
7277692cbdf58b87f9e1f5c5e367ae68?d=identicon&s=25 jwcooper (Guest)
Gavin Kistner wrote:

> And here's a wiki page discussing other methods (referenced in
> Mauricio's post):
> http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?ArrayShuffle

Hey, Thank you again!  You have been an immense help in this. :)