Forum: Ruby on Rails Ajax issues with Mongrel

Cf3f133dbd98cd1ad1f454b864bbfc47?d=identicon&s=25 Joe (Guest)
on 2006-12-22 20:26
After adding a link_to_remote to my view, I see this in the Mongrel
console when I request the page:

Fri Dec 22 12:21:20 -0700 2006: ERROR: An established connection was
aborted by
the software in your host machine.

And the link_to_remote does not work.  I only started seeing this after
adding the link_to_remote.

But starting the app with WEBrick 1.3.1 the link_to_remote works as
expected.  Anyone know why this would be happening.  I'm using instant
rails 1.4 on win xp.

Thanks,
Joe
C475cffda1800fbc3f3af17bc10c220f?d=identicon&s=25 Curt Hibbs (Guest)
> adding the link_to_remote.
>
> But starting the app with WEBrick 1.3.1 the link_to_remote works as
> expected.  Anyone know why this would be happening.  I'm using instant
> rails 1.4 on win xp.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

Joe, I asked Zed Shaw (the author of Mongrel) about this and this was
his
response:

 *Yeah, I have but nobody can give me a reproducible situation.  What
browser and versions of stuff are they using, and what is the code
involved?
 If I have that I can fix it up.

Generally I saw this with old broken versions of Firefox nobody should
be
using at all.*

If this is reproducible, can you reduce it to a simple test case and
tell us
the version #s of the various pieces of software involved.

Thanks,
Curt