No green snake

Following the trac instructions my Cygwin installation was going
smoothly
until hitting wxPython. I installed the latest version 2.8.0.1.

Some observations:

  1.   the statbmp patch appears to already be applied

  2.   the build wxPython step did not recognize the flag

BUILD_AUTOMATE.

  1.   Assuming these were not fatal,  I tried the demo and the file

/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-msw-ansi/wx/py/editwindow.py
could
not import stc.

I checked and stc.py is in the location:

/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-msw-ansi/wxPython

Clues?

Steve Kuhlmann

Steve Kuhlmann wrote:

could not import stc.
I checked and stc.py is in the location:
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-msw-ansi/wxPython

Is /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-msw-ansi/wxPython in your
python path?

Chris

Following the trac instructions my Cygwin installation was going
smoothly until hitting wxPython. I installed the latest version
2.8.0.1.

The instructions in the wiki are for 2.6.3.3. Apparently some things
have changed.

Some observations:

  1.   the statbmp patch appears to already be applied

  2.   the build wxPython step did not recognize the flag

BUILD_AUTOMATE.

  1.   Assuming these were not fatal,  I tried the demo and the file

/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-msw-ansi/wx/py/editwindow.py
could not import stc.

I checked and stc.py is in the location:

/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-msw-ansi/wxPython

Clues?

In 2.6.3.3, building stc is a separate step, listed as optional in the
wiki instructions, and not required to run the demo. You might try
doing a “make” in contrib/src/stc after step (6) and repeat steps (11)
and (12) without the BUILD_STC=0 flags.

You may find that you have enough to run GNU Radio, but having the demo
available is really helpful if you want to do any programming with
wxPython.

Thank you for pointing out the problems with the wiki instructions; I
will plan on fixing them after Christmas. Let us know if you get it
working or have further information.

– Don W.

Thanks for the clues, after doing a “make” in contrib/src/stc and a
make
install the wxPython build without BUILD_STC=0 gave a flurry of errors.

I’ll move ahead with gnuradio.

Steve Kuhlmann

From: discuss-gnuradio-bounces+stk=removed_email_address@domain.invalid
[...]

Thanks for the report.

Following the trac instructions my Cygwin installation was going smoothly
until
hitting wxPython. I installed the latest version 2.8.0.1.

Some observations:

  1.   the statbmp patch appears to already be applied

That patch is not needed in 2.8.0.1.

  1.   the build wxPython step did not recognize the flag

BUILD_AUTOMATE.

The automate stuff is gone.

  1.   Assuming these were not fatal,  I tried the demo and the file

/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-msw-ansi/wx/py/editwindow.py
could
not import stc.

Apparently the (formerly optional) stc package is now needed to run the
demo. As far as I know it is not needed for GNU Radio.

The wiki instructions have been updated to reflect the above changes.