Forum: GNU Radio no green snake

3ea9e42a0efc5875b2b181ce22c9c410?d=identicon&s=25 Steve Kuhlmann (Guest)
Following the trac instructions my Cygwin installation was going
smoothly
until hitting wxPython.  I installed the latest version 2.8.0.1.

Some observations:

1)       the statbmp patch appears to already be applied

2)       the build wxPython step did not recognize the flag
BUILD_AUTOMATE.

3)       Assuming these were not fatal,  I tried the demo and the file

/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-msw-ansi/wx/py/editwindow.py
could
not import stc.

I checked and stc.py is in the location:

/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-msw-ansi/wxPython

Clues?

Steve Kuhlmann
815d7689c14621a2a5ed60b8bcde29b8?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Stankevitz (Guest)
Steve Kuhlmann wrote:
> could not import stc.
> I checked and stc.py is in the location:
> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-msw-ansi/wxPython

Is /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-msw-ansi/wxPython in your
python path?

Chris
Ad84973e0d95196c6e59bed61c3f349a?d=identicon&s=25 Don Ward (Guest)
  Following the trac instructions my Cygwin installation was going
smoothly until hitting wxPython.  I installed the latest version
2.8.0.1.

The instructions in the wiki are for 2.6.3.3.  Apparently some things
have changed.

  Some observations:

  1)       the statbmp patch appears to already be applied

  2)       the build wxPython step did not recognize the flag
BUILD_AUTOMATE.

  3)       Assuming these were not fatal,  I tried the demo and the file

  /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-msw-ansi/wx/py/editwindow.py
could not import stc.

  I checked and stc.py is in the location:

  /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-msw-ansi/wxPython

  Clues?

In 2.6.3.3, building stc is a separate step, listed as optional in the
wiki instructions, and not required to run the demo.  You might try
doing a "make" in contrib/src/stc after step (6) and repeat steps (11)
and (12) without the BUILD_STC=0 flags.

You may find that you have enough to run GNU Radio, but having the demo
available is really helpful if you want to do any programming with
wxPython.

Thank you for pointing out the problems with the wiki instructions; I
will plan on fixing them after Christmas.  Let us know if you get it
working or have further information.

-- Don Ward
3ea9e42a0efc5875b2b181ce22c9c410?d=identicon&s=25 Steve Kuhlmann (Guest)
Thanks for the clues,  after doing a "make" in contrib/src/stc and a
make
install  the wxPython build without BUILD_STC=0 gave a flurry of errors.

I'll move ahead with gnuradio.

Steve Kuhlmann

  _____

From: discuss-gnuradio-bounces+stk=hep.anl.gov@gnu.org
[...]

Thanks for the report.

> Following the trac instructions my Cygwin installation was going smoothly
> until
> hitting wxPython.  I installed the latest version 2.8.0.1.
>
> Some observations:
>
> 1)       the statbmp patch appears to already be applied

That patch is not needed in 2.8.0.1.

> 2)       the build wxPython step did not recognize the flag
> BUILD_AUTOMATE.

The automate stuff is gone.

> 3)       Assuming these were not fatal,  I tried the demo and the file
> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-msw-ansi/wx/py/editwindow.py
> could
> not import stc.

Apparently the (formerly optional) stc package is now needed to run the
demo.  As far as I know it is not needed for GNU Radio.

The wiki instructions have been updated to reflect the above changes.