Forum: Rails Engines Problem in file_column

E5957bc3db9120592c7df5006a796390?d=identicon&s=25 Chintan Shah (Guest)
on 2006-12-01 12:02
Hi all,

   Can any body tell me how to get the name of the file in cntroller,
which i m going to upload? coz i want to play with the file extension. I
have to put the restriction like only following types of files can be
uploaded
.jpg, .png, .bmp, .gif
E5957bc3db9120592c7df5006a796390?d=identicon&s=25 Chintan Shah (Guest)
on 2006-12-01 12:05
Chintan Shah wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    Can any body tell me how to get the name of the file in cntroller,
> which i m going to upload? coz i want to play with the file extension. I
> have to put the restriction like only following types of files can be
> uploaded
> .jpg, .png, .bmp, .gif

by using params[:friend][:photo1].original_filename