Forum: Rails Engines edge engines + Rails 1.2RC1

B67f1094ad4e3716efd63ef1b8582c56?d=identicon&s=25 Hendy Irawan (Guest)
Does Engines edge (svn) works with Rails 1.2RC1?

Will Engines be split in two (pre-1.2 and 1.2.x), or there will still
be one engines plugin that supports both Rails 1.1.x and 1.2.x ?

--
Hendy Irawan
Web: http://hendy.gauldong.net

It's my intention that Engines 1.2 be Rails 1.2 only. Maintaining
functionality for multiple versions of the fast moving target that is
the Rails framework is becoming difficult, and I'd rather focus on
supporting current versions of Rails than cluttering up the plugin
with if statements to handle older versions. Detecting the particular
version of Rails is also a nightmare.

If you are using Rails 1.1.x, you should stick with the Engines 1.1.x
releases.

- James
On 12/14/06, James Adam <james.adam@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the delayed reply Hendy;
>
> It's my intention that Engines 1.2 be Rails 1.2 only. Maintaining
> functionality for multiple versions of the fast moving target that is
> the Rails framework is becoming difficult, and I'd rather focus on
> supporting current versions of Rails than cluttering up the plugin
> with if statements to handle older versions. Detecting the particular
> version of Rails is also a nightmare.
>
> If you are using Rails 1.1.x, you should stick with the Engines 1.1.x releases.

Cool! I guess that's the way to go.

I like the opinionated James Adam. :-)