Forum: Ruby-Forum.com How to find my own posts??

0278ab41b49f02c096e09b6ed8fb0170?d=identicon&s=25 Roman Hausner (rhaus)
on 2006-11-07 16:37
I find it very hard to find my own post and the responses
in this forum. Am I missing something or is there really
no way to find your own posts or at least search for
posts of a specific author?
80a09b04fe15c6aff61349ca60d522e4?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Van De Vyver (mvyver)
on 2006-12-14 22:13
Roman Hausner wrote:
> I find it very hard to find my own post and the responses
> in this forum. Am I missing something or is there really
> no way to find your own posts or at least search for
> posts of a specific author?

Having the same trouble....
0278ab41b49f02c096e09b6ed8fb0170?d=identicon&s=25 Roman Hausner (rhaus)
on 2006-12-14 22:40
Mark Van De Vyver wrote:
> Roman Hausner wrote:
>> I find it very hard to find my own post and the responses
>> in this forum. Am I missing something or is there really
>> no way to find your own posts or at least search for
>> posts of a specific author?
>
> Having the same trouble....

Obviously, no-one feels responsible either.

When compared to forums for other programs and languages, nearly all
other forums I have seen actually, the Ruby forums are, well, how to put
this, not really optimal, I am afraid.
80a09b04fe15c6aff61349ca60d522e4?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Van De Vyver (mvyver)
on 2006-12-15 05:18
Roman Hausner wrote:
> Mark Van De Vyver wrote:
>> Roman Hausner wrote:
>>> I find it very hard to find my own post and the responses
>>> in this forum. Am I missing something or is there really
>>> no way to find your own posts or at least search for
>>> posts of a specific author?
>>
>> Having the same trouble....
>
> Obviously, no-one feels responsible either.
>
> When compared to forums for other programs and languages, nearly all
> other forums I have seen actually, the Ruby forums are, well, how to put
> this, not really optimal, I am afraid.

Yup, it seems that way.  I've tried to think of a common feature of our
posts...
was the post that vanished the first post you made after registering.
If so: Had you shut down your browser after registering, and before
posting?
Regards
Mark
80a09b04fe15c6aff61349ca60d522e4?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Van De Vyver (mvyver)
on 2006-12-15 08:22
Roman Hausner wrote:
> Mark Van De Vyver wrote:
>> Roman Hausner wrote:
>>> I find it very hard to find my own post and the responses
>>> in this forum. Am I missing something or is there really
>>> no way to find your own posts or at least search for
>>> posts of a specific author?
>>
>> Having the same trouble....
>
> Obviously, no-one feels responsible either.
>
> When compared to forums for other programs and languages, nearly all
> other forums I have seen actually, the Ruby forums are, well, how to put
> this, not really optimal, I am afraid.

Hi Roman,
It seems that Google groups is probably the preferred way to access the
Ruby list.
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby

Not sure if there are Google groups for all the forums.
HTH's
0278ab41b49f02c096e09b6ed8fb0170?d=identicon&s=25 Roman Hausner (rhaus)
on 2006-12-15 10:04
Mark Van De Vyver wrote:
> Roman Hausner wrote:
>> When compared to forums for other programs and languages, nearly all
>> other forums I have seen actually, the Ruby forums are, well, how to put
>> this, not really optimal, I am afraid.
>
> Yup, it seems that way.  I've tried to think of a common feature of our
> posts...
> was the post that vanished the first post you made after registering.
> If so: Had you shut down your browser after registering, and before
> posting?
> Regards
> Mark

No ... the problem is not that my post vanished, but that there is no
way to search the forums properly.
3a83969376c805ef5b6042191fdb0ff3?d=identicon&s=25 Andreas S. (andreas)
on 2007-01-02 15:26
You can find your own posts by entering "user_id:861" in the search
field.
0278ab41b49f02c096e09b6ed8fb0170?d=identicon&s=25 Roman Hausner (rhaus)
on 2007-01-02 23:33
Andreas Schwarz wrote:
> You can find your own posts by entering "user_id:861" in the search
> field.

Thanks, that is a great tip!
What is still nagging me though: how could I find out that my user id is
861, unless I asked here and were lucky to find you to tell me?
And how can a user find out in general that such a search option exists?
Is this documented anywhere?

My point being that it is great that I am happy now, but how can others
with the same problem figure this out?
Ae851985b0b85b8e336985b6a488ba9b?d=identicon&s=25 Anon (Guest)
on 2007-03-08 00:31
Roman Hausner wrote:
> My point being that it is great that I am happy now, but how can others
> with the same problem figure this out?

I believe you:
Click on the "User List" link at the top and bottom of the forum
Then match your username with a user id
then search user_id:<your user id>
0278ab41b49f02c096e09b6ed8fb0170?d=identicon&s=25 Roman Hausner (rhaus)
on 2007-03-08 01:15
Anon wrote:
> Roman Hausner wrote:
>> My point being that it is great that I am happy now, but how can others
>> with the same problem figure this out?
>
> I believe you:
> Click on the "User List" link at the top and bottom of the forum
> Then match your username with a user id
> then search user_id:<your user id>

I agree: this should get added to the search help page :)
4c1eaa228c74856babe8a895a093a500?d=identicon&s=25 Peter Alvin (remoteportal)
on 2010-01-21 12:20
The users aren't sorted... do I have to click through 699 pages to find
my username?

Why in the world is this so hard!!!!!!

"My Posts" should just be a link!!!!
3259f6c1768a342016964ee766e76902?d=identicon&s=25 Luke Al (luke80)
on 2014-02-27 07:11
I think you can find it under "user settings" from the top menu, then
below you can see "Topics with my posts", just click it and it will show
all your post.
C1e0c232b199b9ef1137e4d7fcbd8e83?d=identicon&s=25 James Watson (jameswatson)
on 2015-02-20 10:15
Andreas S. wrote in post #186240:
> You can find your own posts by entering "user_id:861" in the search
> field.

Thanks for sharing info
Existing account

No account? Register here.