Forum: Inkscape wiggly lines, springs & coils

51c9ccf266315787d8ae8b3875ca6148?d=identicon&s=25 Kasper Peeters (Guest)
Is there a way to draw wiggly lines with Inkscape? (I don't mean
hand-drawn wiggles, those are never regular; I need wiggles which have
the same size everywhere on the path). A related question: is there a
way to draw paths with a "spring" or "coil" shape superposed on it?

Thanks,
Kasper

security?
easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709...
F315ca6eec6e3761a0cad7b9beb615aa?d=identicon&s=25 bulia byak (Guest)
On 10/31/06, Kasper Peeters <kasper.peeters@aei.mpg.de> wrote:
> Is there a way to draw wiggly lines with Inkscape? (I don't mean
> hand-drawn wiggles, those are never regular; I need wiggles which have
> the same size everywhere on the path).

Try the Kochify extension: select a single wiggle and do Kochify Load,
then select the path itself and do Kochify. The wiggle will be applied
repeatedly along the path.

> A related question: is there a
> way to draw paths with a "spring" or "coil" shape superposed on it?

Not directly, but you can create a spiral, then convert it to path and
Alt+drag the central node (see an example in the middle of
http://inkscape.osuosl.org/screenshots/gallery/ink...)

--
bulia byak
Inkscape. Draw Freely.

security?
easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709...
Ba00261c4eea4232b848fc4101aed229?d=identicon&s=25 Raeth (Guest)
If you draw out a standard rectangle with a stroke and no fill, you
can turn it into a squiggly line with Effects >> Render >> Function
Plotter. For a basic squiggle, you'd want either sin(x) or cos(x),
though you could probably make more interesting squiggles with things
like sin(x)**2 or sin(x**2). I assume the script takes '**' for powers
as it's written in Python.

Yay, maths.
Raeth

On 10/31/06, Kasper Peeters <kasper.peeters@aei.mpg.de> wrote:
> Is there a way to draw wiggly lines with Inkscape? (I don't mean
> hand-drawn wiggles, those are never regular; I need wiggles which have
> the same size everywhere on the path). A related question: is there a
> way to draw paths with a "spring" or "coil" shape superposed on it?
>
> Thanks,
> Kasper

security?
easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709...
06b43ef7c724d20cc4dbb39a55a6620d?d=identicon&s=25 Boris Borcic (Guest)
Raeth wrote:
> For a basic squiggle, you'd want either sin(x) or cos(x),
> though you could probably make more interesting squiggles with things
> like sin(x)**2 or sin(x**2).

Nit: as far as squiggling sins are concerned, sin(x)**2 squiggles just
as
boringly as sin(x) but twice as fast and half as wide.

security?
easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709...
Ba00261c4eea4232b848fc4101aed229?d=identicon&s=25 Raeth (Guest)
All right, try sin(x)**3 :P

Raeth

On 11/14/06, Boris Borcic <bborcic@gmail.com> wrote:
> Raeth wrote:
> > For a basic squiggle, you'd want either sin(x) or cos(x),
> > though you could probably make more interesting squiggles with things
> > like sin(x)**2 or sin(x**2).
>
> Nit: as far as squiggling sins are concerned, sin(x)**2 squiggles just as
> boringly as sin(x) but twice as fast and half as wide.

your
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p...
Existing account

No account? Register here.