Forum: Ruby on Rails Live Chat Support in rails

Ac60b044f9171bfd4ec7af3e94ff8fbb?d=identicon&s=25 Rodrigo Dominguez (rorra)
on 2006-11-06 15:54
I have a ruby on rails web site, and I need to implement a Live Chat
customer support, most of them are in php, but I would like to get one
in rails and to integrate this with my current web application....
do you know any live chat in rails? Thank you
83ca41657a99b65d99889abe712ba5e2?d=identicon&s=25 Jason Roelofs (Guest)
I don't know of any formal libraries but there have been a few
implementations thrown around.

Campfire:
 - Page polls every 5 seconds or so to the server for new chats
 - Chats saved on server as XML (I believe), though they could be
database
entries but that might be slower.

Comet implementation (not a fan of the name, but hey, though this is the
more difficult implementation)
 - Use Flash or a Java applet to open a socket to the chat server and do
your own communication.

AJAX in Rails makes this kind of app quite easy to make. Check out the
available javascript helpers, you'll find something that will help you.

Jason
18d8b0c948dd7b3d39c9667cfd4e817c?d=identicon&s=25 Andrew Stone (astone)

Have a look at: http://juggernaut.rubyforge.org/

--
Andrew Stone
E5eba77105b8e64b167ea7ce57357f1c?d=identicon&s=25 vasanth k. (vasanth_k)

I gort the error in no action required I attach the image bellow
and my codeing the controller is  :

 @department = Department.find(params[:id])

    respond_to do |format|
      if @department.update_attributes(params[:departments])
        flash[:notice] = 'Department was successfully updated.'
        format.html { redirect_to(@department) }
        format.xml  { head :ok }
      else
        format.html { render :action => "edit" }
        format.xml  { render :xml => @department.errors, :status =>
:unprocessable_entity }
On 28 February 2013 13:37, vasanth k. <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I create the project in scaffold but I cant able to edit it and update
> th values

I guess you are a beginner in Rails.  If so then I suggest that you
work right through a good tutorial such as railstutorial.org, which is
free to use online.  That will show you the basics of Rails.

Once you have done that, if you still get the problem, and still
cannot work it out then have a look at the Rails Guide on Debugging,
which will show you techniques that can be used to debug your code.

If you have to post messages in future then please paste them in as
text rather than an image.  It is easier to follow the thread if
everything is in the message.

Colin
2df55da4513213975b09410bae7c2983?d=identicon&s=25 Nandha Kumar (uknandha)
on 2016-12-06 08:38
i have a ruby on rails website and i want a video background in
homepage,i have placed my code in welcome.index and welcome.css

but video is not displaying

     <video id="video-bg-elem" preload="auto" autoplay="true"
loop="loop" muted="muted">
<%= video_tag "video.mp4", controls: false, autoplay: true, muted:
true, loop: true, id: "video-bg-elem",  type:
"video/mp4" %>
    </video>

<%= vider_tag 'assets/videos/video.webm', position: '100% 100%' %>

css file

.background-wrap {
            position: fixed;
            z-index: -1000;   /*to make sure it is behind all the
content*/
            width: 100%;
            height: 100%;
            overflow: hidden;
            top: 0;
            left: 0;

        }

        #video-bg-elem{
            position: absolute;
            top: 0;
            left: 0;
            min-height: 100%;
            min-width: 100%;

        }
[...]

the video is placed in assets/videos/video.mp4