Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 GtkSourceView2 gem & completion

B55d9706b57e8d286a4f198daf2ac69c?d=identicon&s=25 Andrea Dallera (edwin_bolthar)

        I wanted to complete the work needed to publish the
gtksourceview2 gem but
I've had more than one problem about building ruby/gnome2
under windows. I
need that because the last part i need to test is the
windows build. I've read
on the list that there is some work in progress about that
and if someone has
managed to build under windows it would be great to have a
guide or some
pointers about how to do so.

Also, I've been meddling with Gtk::SourceView now and I
can't find neither in
the code nor in the documentation traces of
SourceCompletion/SourceCompletionProvider. Is this
implemented? When I call
completion on a Gtk::SourceView instance it returns what it
seems to be an
anonymous class.

Thanks in advance,

Andrea

In <4d2c3061.1d3.17a2.817523359@webmaildh2.ad.aruba.it>
  "[ruby-gnome2-devel-en] GtkSourceView2 gem & completion" on Tue, 11
Jan 2011 11:26:41 +0100,
  "andrea@andreadallera.com" <andrea@andreadallera.com> wrote:

> pointers about how to do so.
I think that nobody can build Ruby-GNOME2 gems under
Windows. If someone can do it, please share your work.

I can build Ruby-GNOME2 gems for Windows on my Debian
GNU/Linux.

If someone sends a patch that adds Windows build support
under Windows, we will apply it.

> Also, I've been meddling with Gtk::SourceView now and I
> can't find neither in
> the code nor in the documentation traces of
> SourceCompletion/SourceCompletionProvider. Is this
> implemented? When I call
> completion on a Gtk::SourceView instance it returns what it
> seems to be an
> anonymous class.

Does anyone know it?

kou
On Friday, January 21, 2011 01:27:39 pm Kouhei Sutou wrote:
> > I've had more than one problem about building ruby/gnome2
> Windows. If someone can do it, please share your work.
>
> I can build Ruby-GNOME2 gems for Windows on my Debian
> GNU/Linux.
>
> If someone sends a patch that adds Windows build support
> under Windows, we will apply it.

I have written a patch that enables the gem's creation but it works
under
linux only... should I commit it? I was ready to submit it but I was
told to
wait because it didn't work under windows. I've tried to set up a system
where
I could build ruby/gnome2 under windows (so I could fix my patch) but no
avail

> Does anyone know it?

I've taken a look at the source and I couldn't find any reference of
SourceCompletion in the whole project. I think it's not implemented.

> Thanks,

Thanks to you,

Andrea

In <201101211430.02463.andrea@andreadallera.com>
  "Re: [ruby-gnome2-devel-en] GtkSourceView2 gem & completion" on Fri,
21 Jan 2011 14:30:02 +0100,
  Andrea Dallera <andrea@andreadallera.com> wrote:

> linux only... should I commit it? I was ready to submit it but I was told to
> wait because it didn't work under windows. I've tried to set up a system where
> I could build ruby/gnome2 under windows (so I could fix my patch) but no avail

Ah, please wait a while.
Masaaki Aoyagi will commit GtkSourceView2 gem support
patchs. They creates a library for Ruby-GNOME2 gem tasks and
use it for GtkSourceView2 gem support.

And it is also confirmed just on Linux.
I want you to work with Masaaki Aoyagi's patches.

Could you work on the patches?

> I've taken a look at the source and I couldn't find any reference of
> SourceCompletion in the whole project. I think it's not implemented.

OK. Thanks for your check.

--
kou
Existing account