Forum: Ruby on Rails Where is a webpage just before Rails sends it to a browser?

Eea3feaacbe44706164289d068d94828?d=identicon&s=25 petermichaux (Guest)

ActionView assembles the requested webpage from templates, layouts,
helpers,
partials, etc. Once the whole page is assembed where can I grab it and
do
something to it just before it is sent off to the browser? I suppose I
want
an "after view " filter or something similar to controller/action
filters or
model callbacks.

And if I cannot grab it where is the completely assembed web page
located in
the Rails core?

Thanks,
Peter
6edd67c92a1dab5eb23fed79f3c18564?d=identicon&s=25 david.heinemeier (Guest)
>  ActionView assembles the requested webpage from templates, layouts,
> helpers, partials, etc. Once the whole page is assembed where can I grab it
> and do something to it just before it is sent off to the browser? I suppose
> I want an "after view " filter or something similar to controller/action
> filters or model callbacks.

response.body after render has been called (such as in an after_filter).
--
David Heinemeier Hansson
http://www.basecamphq.com   -- Online project management