Forum: wxRuby Wxwidgets 2.9.1

7e3a56ff8a090fc9ffbd1909dea94904?d=identicon&s=25 Sergey Chernov (sergeych)
- is released for a few monthes already. Dies anybody tried it with
64-bits mode (thus, cocoa) on mac with any wxruby?

Need a portable modern gui framework bad :) and one that works in
mac@64.

Btw what happened to wxruby.org?

Yours,
Sergey
3396e4a3df8a840faec520af8555a400?d=identicon&s=25 Mario Steele (Guest)
Hello Sergey,

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 10:04 PM, Sergey Chernov
<real.sergeych@gmail.com>wrote:

> - is released for a few monthes already. Dies anybody tried it with 64-bits
> mode (thus, cocoa) on mac with any wxruby?

No, we haven't been working on anything at the moment, as most of the
developers are swamped with other things on their plate, including Real
Life
things.

> Need a portable modern gui framework bad :) and one that works in mac@64.

I can understand that, sadly, I only have a mac@32bit setup myself, hard
get 64bit going the way I want to.

> Btw what happened to wxruby.org?

wxruby.org use to belong to Sean Long, If I remember correctly.  I think
he
didn't renew it, and someone else got the domain name, once it's lease
was
expired.  It's quite sad to, that the page it goes to, has nothing to do
with wxRuby.
7e3a56ff8a090fc9ffbd1909dea94904?d=identicon&s=25 Sergey Chernov (sergeych)
Got a look on Qt for Ruby... looks even more awful.

Well gentlemen, if anybody would ever decide to try to incorporate wx
2.9 in cocoa mode, I'd be glad to help with 64bit issues/testing. I was
used wxpython intensively and with great pleasure, but I strongly prefer
ruby. Unfortunately I know little about this (wxruby) port to do it
myself effectively.

04.01.2011,  8:41, Mario Steele ():

Sergey Chernov
real.sergeych@gmail.com