Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] new plugin: "redbox", a lightbox/thickbox clone with n

8ffdb48d292d66b6a716f34f2754c806?d=identicon&s=25 Craig Ambrose (Guest)
Hi folks,

I've written a little plugin to use for displaying a block of html over
a page while fading out the background. This is like the lightbox.js
library, and all it's related offshoots (thickbox, greybox, etc.). My
plugin, Redbox, is not really any better than these others (in fact,
it's less mature, and less tested), but it builds on prototype and
scriptaculous, is available as a rails plugin, provides easy to use
helpers, and unlike the other libraries, works very well with rails'
ajax functionality.

If anyone might find this usefull, installation instructions, a demo,
and a much more detailed description is available at:

http://blog.craigambrose.com/articles/2006/08/16/r...

cheers,

Craig
www.craigambrose.com
00e3a96684ab390a350b0271e98741d3?d=identicon&s=25 Nshbrown Nshbrown (nshb)
Hey Craig,

Sweet lib.

Was looking at using the ThickBox for another project (albeit not in
Rails).

It is a nice alternative for the Dialog_helper plugin that
Technoweenie built awhile back, as that lib from what I could tell
didn't permit any html inclusion like ThickBox.

In any case, nice addition.

One thing I did notice on FF 1.5 for Mac, is the fade to gradient is
somewhat chunky. The demo worked great though.

-NSHB

--
Kind regards,

Nathaniel Brown

Inimit Innovations Inc.
http://inimit.com
Db303dc84d03a992b33cd3ac978f89ae?d=identicon&s=25 Benjamin Curtis (Guest)
Posted at http://www.agilewebdevelopment.com/plugins/redbox :)

--
Benjamin Curtis
http://www.bencurtis.com/