Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] new plugin: "redbox", a lightbox/thickbox clone with n

8ffdb48d292d66b6a716f34f2754c806?d=identicon&s=25 Craig Ambrose (Guest)
Hi folks,

I've written a little plugin to use for displaying a block of html over
a page while fading out the background. This is like the lightbox.js
library, and all it's related offshoots (thickbox, greybox, etc.). My
plugin, Redbox, is not really any better than these others (in fact,
it's less mature, and less tested), but it builds on prototype and
scriptaculous, is available as a rails plugin, provides easy to use
helpers, and unlike the other libraries, works very well with rails'
ajax functionality.

If anyone might find this usefull, installation instructions, a demo,
and a much more detailed description is available at:

00e3a96684ab390a350b0271e98741d3?d=identicon&s=25 Nshbrown Nshbrown (nshb)
Hey Craig,

Sweet lib.

Was looking at using the ThickBox for another project (albeit not in

It is a nice alternative for the Dialog_helper plugin that
Technoweenie built awhile back, as that lib from what I could tell
didn't permit any html inclusion like ThickBox.

In any case, nice addition.

One thing I did notice on FF 1.5 for Mac, is the fade to gradient is
somewhat chunky. The demo worked great though.

On 8/23/06, Craig Ambrose <> wrote:
> ajax functionality.

Kind regards,

Nathaniel Brown

Inimit Innovations Inc.
Db303dc84d03a992b33cd3ac978f89ae?d=identicon&s=25 Benjamin Curtis (Guest)
Posted at :)

Benjamin Curtis -- Collaborative test case management -- Resources for the Rails community
Existing account

No account? Register here.