Forum: Rails I18n long string , how to insert a new line ?

Ee0293412faca21e4ebf3326ed9d5f8c?d=identicon&s=25 Kad Kerforn (kadoudal)
I have a very long string I want to split in 2 lines ,

I use \r\n and  wrote :

other_web_browsers_warning: "You are welcome to continue using your
current web browser,\r\n but you may experience display issues or
other difficulties."

but this doesn't split the line ... ( tried also the html tag <br /
>... no way )
hope the answer will be a New Year gift ..

Happy New Year  2011
390e714e320bd505fb5e9f762870ba5e?d=identicon&s=25 Krzysztof Knapik (Guest)
http://www.yaml.org/YAML_for_ruby.html

other_web_browsers_warning: |-
  You are welcome to continue using your current web browser,
  but you may experience display issues or other difficulties.

Regards,
KK

2010/12/27 Erwin <yves_dufour@mac.com>:
Ee0293412faca21e4ebf3326ed9d5f8c?d=identicon&s=25 Kad Kerforn (kadoudal)
thanks a lot .. will try asap my I18n gem is back working...  (just
added new msg)
13d7a3ab12ec57e0d372d7115362cb91?d=identicon&s=25 comopasta Gr (comopasta)
on 2011-11-25 10:34
I can't find a way to insert a line break in yaml files. I only have
yaml in one project where \n really makes a new line. No matter how I
try they never appear. I've followed the documentation and tried all
possible ways but nothing.

There must be a trick, encoding or something, but I can't see the
difference between the one that works and the other.

So frustrating!
13d7a3ab12ec57e0d372d7115362cb91?d=identicon&s=25 comopasta Gr (comopasta)
on 2011-11-25 10:42
comopasta Gr wrote in post #1033654:
> I can't find a way to insert a line break in yaml files. I only have
> yaml in one project where \n really makes a new line. No matter how I
> try they never appear. I've followed the documentation and tried all
> possible ways but nothing.
>
> There must be a trick, encoding or something, but I can't see the
> difference between the one that works and the other.
>
> So frustrating!

There is nothing better to progress with something than writing to a
forum and complain.

I used \n in the yaml. In the view it was not showing the line break.
Then I check the generated html and actually in the code there was a
line break. I put the text within a <pre> tag and now the view shows the
line break again. I think I'm still missing something but can at least
move from here.