Forum: Ruby How to create directory in file system...

4a7fbbca80dcec9edc46bf97b8a9d10f?d=identicon&s=25 Jeff Lamarche (jlamarche)
on 2006-07-07 03:03
This seems like it should be an easy thing to figure out, but I've been
Googling for a half hour, plus looked in the Pickaxe book, but can't
seem to find an answer, so please forgive a really newbie-ish question,
but...

How do you create a directory in Ruby? It appears to be via File.new,
but I can't figure out anything further than that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Jeff
Bd0203dc8478deb969d72f52e741bd4f?d=identicon&s=25 Daniel Baird (Guest)
On 7/7/06, Jeff LaMarche <jeff_lamarche@mac.com> wrote:

> This seems like it should be an easy thing to figure out, but I've been
> Googling for a half hour, plus looked in the Pickaxe book, but can't
> seem to find an answer, so please forgive a really newbie-ish question,
> but...
>
> How do you create a directory in Ruby? It appears to be via File.new,
> but I can't figure out anything further than that.

I've been using FileUtils.mkdir.

;Daniel
E2b3bbf241a5daee3ee7696a7d4b2015?d=identicon&s=25 Vrtwo Lastname (d0t1q)
Dir.mkdir("c:/asdf")
Existing account

No account? Register here.