Forum: Ruby-Forum.com RForum acts_as_authenticated integration

80ff4e1611003fcdc3c8dc99d21ec1cb?d=identicon&s=25 BobFunk (Guest)

I just made some modifications to the RForum User model that I think
others might find interesting.

I've modified it to use the same authorization scheme as
acts_as_authenticated, so integrating the forum with another stand alone
app - or just sharing database and user details with another app - is
made easy.

The modification is made to RForum 0.2 and can be downloaded as a zip
from http://clanwhiskey.net/bobfunk/rforum_modification.zip

The zip consists of the new user model, a new migration to add a salt
column to the user table and some new user fixtures for testing.

Just replace the exisisting files in a fresh rforum install with the
ones in the zip to make the modification.

Now it should be very easy to integrate RForum with any app using
acts_as_authenticated and the authentication method should also be a bit
more secure (SHA1 instead of MD5 and a salted).

Enjoy!

Mathias
Fc559d53343b6d7fae00a04fcf0777dc?d=identicon&s=25 Andrew Hodgkinson (Guest)
on 2006-07-05 18:07
BobFunk wrote:

> http://clanwhiskey.net/bobfunk/rforum_modification.zip

Nobody's replied to this yet, but FWIW I reckon this is a very useful
patch and is one I'm running successfully on my own site now. Thanks!
Df5e7adb20adae6c120b04e7cafb15a0?d=identicon&s=25 Rob Sanheim (rsanheim)
on 2006-08-29 22:17
Andrew Hodgkinson wrote:
> BobFunk wrote:
>
>> http://clanwhiskey.net/bobfunk/rforum_modification.zip
>
> Nobody's replied to this yet, but FWIW I reckon this is a very useful
> patch and is one I'm running successfully on my own site now. Thanks!

Andreas, any hope of this being applied?

- Rob