Forum: Ruby Distributed scripting.

Tanushree Bhoi (Guest)
Hi All,

Is it possible to run ruby test scripts simultaneously on diffrent
machines.
If possible then how?Means i want to know does it support distributed
scripting.
Phil Tomson (Guest)
On 6/13/06, Tanushree Bhoi <tanushree.bhoi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is it possible to run ruby test scripts simultaneously on diffrent machines.
> If possible then how?Means i want to know does it support distributed
> scripting.

Not entirely sure what you're getting at: Do you want to run the same
script on many machines in parallel?  If you want to use a cluster
check out Ara Howard's rq:
http://www.codeforpeople.com/lib/ruby/rq/

Maybe you want a distributed object system.  If that's the case, have
a look at drb.

Phil
Tanushree Bhoi (Guest)
       I want something that can execute a number of different test
scripts
simultaneously on networked computers,and can control the execution
of those tests scripts from single computer.
I wanted to know is there anything using ruby n watir so that test
scripts
can be assigned to multiple computers.I think its a more a Watir
question.

Thanks in advance
Tanushree
Phil Tomson (Guest)
On 6/13/06, Tanushree Bhoi <tanushree.bhoi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>        I want something that can execute a number of different test scripts
> simultaneously on networked computers,and can control the execution
> of those tests scripts from single computer.
> I wanted to know is there anything using ruby n watir so that test scripts
> can be assigned to multiple computers.I think its a more a Watir question.

There used to be something called TaskMaster which I created for doing
that very thing.  However, I doubt it works with Ruby 1.8.x and it's
been years since I even looked at it.  But it did use drb to
distribute tests to many different computers.

Phil