Forum: Ruby on Rails Routes question

Nicholas Wieland (Guest)
Hi *,
I have something like

map.connect 'people/:username', :controller => 'account', :action =>

in my routes.rb and obviously if the user isn't logged it defaults to
the login screen.
I'd like to be able to fetch the :username and display it in the
opposite input field inside my login page, but I don't know how to do
it. For example 'http://foo.com/people/ngw' should insert 'ngw' as
username inside the login form.
Suggestions ?

   ngw
--
Nicholas Wieland
nicholas_wieland@yahoo.it

 http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/*http://it.messen...
Alex Wayne (Guest)
on 2006-06-14 01:19
Nicholas Wieland wrote:
> Hi *,
> I have something like
>
> map.connect 'people/:username', :controller => 'account', :action =>

How are you fetching the value?  It should be available with
params[:username]