Forum: Ruby TestUnit assertions

00f0e08ef3499686459cd5c17e34f6f9?d=identicon&s=25 Patrick S. (pkspence)
on 2006-06-13 18:53
In the teardown() method, I'll like to obtain a list of the assertions,
errors and failures that occurred during the test run. How can I do
this?
00f0e08ef3499686459cd5c17e34f6f9?d=identicon&s=25 Patrick S. (pkspence)
on 2006-06-14 17:10
*bump*
Logan Capaldo (Guest)
On Jun 14, 2006, at 11:10 AM, Patrick Spence wrote:

> *bump*
>
> --
*email* with the sole content of *bump* to hundreds of people. Please
don't "bump" ever again.
5cef3d10927d49ddb5975ef74a1db379?d=identicon&s=25 Matthew S. (notmatt)
On Jun 14, 2006, at 16:10, Patrick Spence wrote:

> *bump*

Please remember that the forum is a gateway to a mailing list, where
'bump'ing is discouraged.  If you don't get an answer, the single
best thing you can do is try to answer your own question and then ask
more-specific questions about where you ran into problems.

> In the teardown() method, I'll like to obtain a list of the
> assertions,
> errors and failures that occurred during the test run. How can I do
> this?

Read the documentation: http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/test/
unit/rdoc/

It's hard to know exactly what you're after, but it might be as
simple as using Test::Unit::UI::Console::TestRunner with your test
suite.  In any case, I don't think that the teardown method is
exactly where you want to do this sort of thing, but rather in the
test runner.

Best of luck.
matthew smillie.