Forum: Ruby DRMAA for Ruby project started

Andreas Haas (Guest)
Hi all,

the DL based Ruby wrapper for shared DRMAA C bindings and samples how
have an own home page and CVS repository under

    http://drmaa4ruby.sunsource.net/

DRMAA is an interface standard for job submission and control to
Distributed
Resource Manager (DRM) systems such as Condor, PBS/OpenPBS/Torque,
Platform LSF, Sun's N1 Grid Engine and others. Please see

    http://www.drmaa.org
    http://www.drmaa.org/wiki

for more detailed information about DRMAA itself, available
implementations,
language bindings etc.

The binding requires Ruby/DL module as available in Ruby 1.8.4 and a DRM
with shared DRMAA library v0.95 or higher. If both is given the binding
should
work if:

     * libdrmaa.so is found by dynamic linker (LD_LIBRARY_PATH)
     * drmaa.rb is found by ruby interpreter

Feedback and participation is highly welcome!

Best regards,
Andreas

PS: Thanks go to Ara for helping me out with the Ruby/DL parameter issue
        and big kudos to those who created the DL module itself!
Hal Fulton (Guest)
Andreas Haas wrote:

> DRMAA is an interface standard for job submission and control to
> Distributed
> Resource Manager (DRM) systems such as Condor, PBS/OpenPBS/Torque,
> Platform LSF, Sun's N1 Grid Engine and others. Please see

I'm glad you explained that.

Looking at "DRMAA," all I could think of was "DRM" and "RIAA."

:-/

Hal