Forum: Ruby Ruby 1.8.2 iconv and Windows

Cfdeff3ac35010e4de8f85d954f24f4a?d=identicon&s=25 Damphyr (Guest)
I need a quick pointer to any FAQ/Installation guide in order to get
iconv to work with Ruby 1.8.2 and Windows XP.
(I am looking, just thought to use the easiest way first :) )
Thanks in advance,
V.-
0b561a629b87f0bbf71b45ee5a48febb?d=identicon&s=25 Dave Burt (Guest)
Damphyr wrote:
> I need a quick pointer to any FAQ/Installation guide in order to get
> iconv to work with Ruby 1.8.2 and Windows XP.
> (I am looking, just thought to use the easiest way first :) )

Here's a package including instructions and the required binaries:
http://dave.burt.id.au/ruby/iconv.zip

Or you can read about it here:
http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/iconv

Cheers,