Forum: Ruby Using Win32API for GUI-construction

7f3f938311545a9e4ae7c1cd8a0a79fd?d=identicon&s=25 Joakim Oman (joakim)
on 2006-06-12 14:14
Im currently using Ruby Tk as a platform construction various GUI. I
must say it is working perfectly. I am however wondering if there by any
chance would be possible to call the WIN32OLE and use windows own
classes for this purpose. I know it should be possible but I have no
idea what im am supposed to look for.

/Joakim
23172b6630dc631a134c9bad2fec2a39?d=identicon&s=25 Chris (Guest)
on 2006-06-12 14:51
Joakim Oman wrote:
> Im currently using Ruby Tk as a platform construction various GUI. I
> must say it is working perfectly. I am however wondering if there by any
> chance would be possible to call the WIN32OLE and use windows own
> classes for this purpose. I know it should be possible but I have no
> idea what im am supposed to look for.
>
> /Joakim

Have a look at <a href=http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/vruby/>vruby</a>
I haven't used it but it looks to be a nice wrapper of the Win32 UI.

Cheers
Chris