Forum: Ruby on Rails Restart Rails by plugin development

0ff7e5d45c4da4a1719efd9c8caaa404?d=identicon&s=25 Roman Ilin (purplehaze)
on 2006-06-12 13:43
I write a plugin.
After any changes maked to it I have to :
1) restart WebRick, to load new changes. It is not comfortable
or
2) if I use Apache with CGI. It takes too much time for each request
(about 4-5 sec).

some Ideas?
C9c7a65848f13e2b1a226bbe43bc3672?d=identicon&s=25 Pete Yandell (pete)
On 12/06/2006, at 9:43 PM, Roman Ilin wrote:

> I write a plugin.
> After any changes maked to it I have to :
> 1) restart WebRick, to load new changes. It is not comfortable

Include Reloadable in your classes. See http://rails.outertrack.com/
module/Reloadable

> 2) if I use Apache with CGI. It takes too much time for each request
> (about 4-5 sec).

You shouldn't use CGI for Rails. As you've noticed, it's incredibly
slow. Use FCGI or Mongrel.

Cheers,

Pete Yandell
http://9cays.com/