Forum: Radiant CMS Access control to the admin interface

46710a442003bd7f8e0100b41e4cfe7c?d=identicon&s=25 Maurizio Balestrieri (Guest)
Hello. At this time there are in radiant two access roles:
administrator and developer. For the site I'm going to develop I'd
need at least a third role which is similar to the developer one but
whose editing capabilities are limited to a branch of the site. For
example, a Greek author or a German one should only be able to edit
(remove, add, change) their language branch rather than the whole
site. They should also be forbidden to remove snippets, layouts and so
on. Is there a "simple" way I can reach such level of access control
at the current stage of development of radiant? Many thanks.
--Maurizio
6ec6f77ea603dd75b3a7a7775b059e79?d=identicon&s=25 John W. Long (Guest)
Maurizio Balestrieri wrote:
> Hello. At this time there are in radiant two access roles:
> administrator and developer. For the site I'm going to develop I'd
> need at least a third role which is similar to the developer one but
> whose editing capabilities are limited to a branch of the site. For
> example, a Greek author or a German one should only be able to edit
> (remove, add, change) their language branch rather than the whole
> site. They should also be forbidden to remove snippets, layouts and so
> on. Is there a "simple" way I can reach such level of access control
> at the current stage of development of radiant? Many thanks.

There is not really an easy way to do this right now. I'm considering
adding the ability to do this with the rest of the full administration
system, but haven't made any decisions.

You might consider running multiple Radiant installs if you need to
prevent English users from accessing the German content.

--
John Long
http://wiseheartdesign.com
John W. Long wrote:
> You might consider running multiple Radiant installs if you need to
> prevent English users from accessing the German content.

s/English/Greek/

--
John Long
http://wiseheartdesign.com