Forum: Ferret Bus Error with Ferret 0.9.3 using the BooleanQuery api

Efa76b164a7de4a5730e4fa397cc4425?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Koziarski (Guest)
on 2006-06-11 12:08
Hey guys,

I've been trying out ferret 0.9.3 on my powerbook this weekend and I've
been triggering 'bus errors' when using the Query API.  If I
programmatically build up strings, it works just fine.

There's some more information available in the trac ticket

http://ferret.davebalmain.com/trac/ticket/62

Is anyone successfully using the Query API on mac os x?  Anything I can
do to help debug this?

--
Cheers

Koz
B5e329ffa0cc78efbfc7ae2d084c149f?d=identicon&s=25 David Balmain (Guest)
> Is anyone successfully using the Query API on mac os x?  Anything I can
> do to help debug this?

Hi Michael,

I noticed in your code you are using BooleanQuery#add_clause method
but you are adding a query. Can you try BooleanQuery#add_query
instead? Let me know if that helps.

Cheers,
Dave
33c532e9698faf94d565f5c7ca37b041?d=identicon&s=25 Lee Marlow (Guest)
I attached a test case to this ticket that reproduces a bus error and
a segmentation fault on my macbook pro and another linux machine.
http://ferret.davebalmain.com/trac/attachment/tick...

We were using ferret to help with our site navigation since the info
was already in the index and we wouldn't need to maintain a
denormalized table for the hierarchical data.  Ferret was called on
every page, sometimes multiple times per page.  This instability has
caused us to pull back on our use of ferret on the site.

Let me know if there's more information I can provide that would help.

Thanks

-Lee
B5e329ffa0cc78efbfc7ae2d084c149f?d=identicon&s=25 David Balmain (Guest)
Thanks Lee, I'm working on it.