Forum: Ruby on Rails Armageddon

Baf018e2cc4616e4776d323215c7136c?d=identicon&s=25 Alex MacCaw (Guest)
on 2006-06-11 10:55
I'm just wondering what happened to Armageddon and whether people had
any more information/news about it. I've thought about comet but I think
that a flash socket would be easier to implement. Does Armageddon have
the same drawbacks as other flash sockets, namely not working over port
80 (so the companies firewall blocks it)?
Baf018e2cc4616e4776d323215c7136c?d=identicon&s=25 Alex MacCaw (Guest)
on 2006-06-22 13:10
> I'm just wondering what happened to Armageddon and whether people had
> any more information/news about it. I've thought about comet but I think
> that a flash socket would be easier to implement. Does Armageddon have
> the same drawbacks as other flash sockets, namely not working over port
> 80 (so the companies firewall blocks it)?

I've answered my own question by building my own version of Armageddon
(flash socket that integrates with rails). I'll be releasing it as a
plugin shortly. You can see a demo of a real-time chat app
http://alexmaccaw.no-ip.info:3001/chat and the related blog post
http://eribium.org/eribium/?p=48 . Feedback is appreciated.
501b3bd293f820573fa68ad1f82df786?d=identicon&s=25 Joel Reymont (Guest)
I can't find any info on Armageddon. Any pointers?

--
http://wagerlabs.com/
Baf018e2cc4616e4776d323215c7136c?d=identicon&s=25 Alex MacCaw (Guest)
Joel Reymont wrote:
> I can't find any info on Armageddon. Any pointers?
>
> On Jun 22, 2006, at 12:10 PM, Alex MacCaw wrote:
>
>>> I'm just wondering what happened to Armageddon and whether people had
>>> any more information/news about it. I've thought about comet but I
>>> think
>>> that a flash socket would be easier to implement. Does Armageddon
>>> have
>>> the same drawbacks as other flash sockets, namely not working over
>>> port
>>> 80 (so the companies firewall blocks it)?
>
> --
> http://wagerlabs.com/

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/62907
There isn't much info - this is the most I could find.