Forum: Radiant CMS flickr behavior

5d4b5684abc9aed9dd0497397c22276a?d=identicon&s=25 Roeland Moors (Guest)
I just tried RadiantCMS and I like it.

I decided to make a flickr behavior but I need some ideas.

There are 2 thing I need:
  - a simple way to add a flickr thumb to a page for my blogging needs
  - a gallery with one main page where there are pictures from one
flickr tag and a preview page (a real page not lightbox).

For the second thing I think of just creating <r:flickr:gallery> and
<r:flickr:preview> tags.
That isn't the problem. I alread have a simple r:flickr:gallery tag
working.

The first thing is easy to create, but I have a question about this.

I think it would be nice to have this tag also available in other
behaviors. Like a flickr thumb on a missing page or something like that.
The easy way I could think of was to just create a snippet with the
flickr tags I need and then use this snippet in other behaviors. But
this doesn't work because it isn't possible to select a behavior in a
snippet.

Maybe I just have to add these tags to the base behavior?
That would work, but maybe not a good idea?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Roeland
F4cfefa16bbb4c0036579534b32321df?d=identicon&s=25 Oliver Baltzer (Guest)
Hi Roeland:

On 11-Jun-2006 09:35 +0200, Roeland Moors was heard to say:
> I think it would be nice to have this tag also available in other
> behaviors. Like a flickr thumb on a missing page or something like that.
> The easy way I could think of was to just create a snippet with the
> flickr tags I need and then use this snippet in other behaviors. But
> this doesn't work because it isn't possible to select a behavior in a
> snippet.
>
> Maybe I just have to add these tags to the base behavior?
> That would work, but maybe not a good idea?

The easiest way to do this right now is to create a page that has your
flickr behavior and create a page part with the HTML fragment that you
would like to include in a snippet. Then in your snippet all you do is:

<r:find url="/path/to/page">
 <r:content part="pagepart"/>
</r:find>

This will render the page part in the context of the page behavior and
include the result into the snippet.

Cheers,
Oliver
5d4b5684abc9aed9dd0497397c22276a?d=identicon&s=25 Roeland Moors (Guest)
Here is a list of tags I think I need:
http://webding.org/flickr_behavior/

If there are remarks, suggestions, ...

Roeland
5d4b5684abc9aed9dd0497397c22276a?d=identicon&s=25 Roeland Moors (Guest)
> include the result into the snippet.
Thanks. I'll try that.

Roeland