Forum: Ruby Cool Python utility

2c7c807a1df0c76a8fc823c709b501a9?d=identicon&s=25 Victor Shepelev (Guest)
Hi all.

http://pycheesecake.org/
Look at this. Doesn't it cool? Doesn't we need something like it for our
Ruby?

-------------
The idea of the Cheesecake project is to rank Python packages based on
various empirical "kwalitee" factors, such as:
* whether the package can be downloaded from the Python Package Index
(PyPI)
given its name
* whether the package can be downloaded from a full URL
* whether the package can be unpacked
* whether the unpack directory is the same as the package name
* whether the package can be installed into an alternate directory
* existence of certain files such as README, INSTALL, LICENSE, setup.py
etc.

* existence of certain directories such as doc, test, demo, examples
* percentage of modules/functions/classes/methods with docstrings
* percentage of functions/methods that are unit tested (not currently
implemented)
* average pylint score for all non-test and non-demo modules
On Jun 10, 2006, at 13:09, Victor Shepelev wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> http://pycheesecake.org/
> Look at this. Doesn't it cool? Doesn't we need something like it
> for our
> Ruby?

This (from a few days ago) pretty much sums up my thoughts on the issue:

http://online.effbot.org/2006_06_01_archive.htm#20060606

(found via why, as usual: through http://redhanded.hobix.com/cult/
willTheRealTimTodayPleaseStandUp.html)

m.s.