Forum: Ruby on Rails some problems with integrating XUL into Rails

2ea192cb0f5f2423e0b3c58ca62bc8b5?d=identicon&s=25 Miklos Hollender (Guest)
Dear Friends,

I started integrating XUL into Rails, however, I have some problems.

The first problem is that I can open local XUL files with Firefox, but
cannot open them through Rails/Webrick, Firefox says it does not
recognize
what it is.

I've read the cookbookxul experiment and I know I have to play around
with
content-type,
but a contoller action like

def run_xul
    response.headers["content-type"]="application/vnd.mozilla.xul+xml"
    render_text '<script> window.open
("c:\test.xul","","chrome,resizable");</script>'
  end

still does not work.

I also added the meta-http content-type tag to the xul file, but does
not
help also.

Do yo have any ideas?

Also, where should I look around in the complex directory tree of Rails
if I
want to make .rxul work like .rhtml and .rjs?

Thanks,

Miklos
3dd4b52a0946bd698b1d1635a46ea3a3?d=identicon&s=25 François Beausoleil (fbeausoleil)
Hi !

2006/6/10, Miklos Hollender <miklos.hollender@gmail.com>:
> def run_xul
>
> response.headers["content-type"]="application/vnd.mozilla.xul+xml"
>     render_text '<script>
> window.open("c:\test.xul","","chrome,resizable");</script>'
>   end

What you're doing here is telling Firefox to open a local file.
Instead, use #send_file to send the file with the correct Content-Type
to Firefox.  That should do it.

Bye !