Forum: Ruby on Rails username.tadalist.com - How?

224b787861d66cc06fa539df14672763?d=identicon&s=25 Eddie Son (deezzer)
on 2006-06-10 10:06
Hi. I was wondering how to do this in rails where the user gets a
subdomain in the link of the site.

example: username.tadalist.com

Or if you know of a reference, please point me to it.

Thanks
Fb23bc8cd4030c526b0689276b34c8bd?d=identicon&s=25 Bryan Duxbury (bryanduxbury)
on 2006-06-10 18:27
Dominic Son wrote:
> Hi. I was wondering how to do this in rails where the user gets a
> subdomain in the link of the site.
>
> example: username.tadalist.com
>
> Or if you know of a reference, please point me to it.
>
> Thanks

The solution is to use wildcard DNS (*.tadalist.com) and the
account_location plugin. I'm planning on writing an article on
customizing the plugin for specific uses, but the source file itself is
pretty informative. Just google for it.
224b787861d66cc06fa539df14672763?d=identicon&s=25 Eddie Son (deezzer)
on 2006-06-11 02:14
Bryan Duxbury wrote:
> Dominic Son wrote:
>> Hi. I was wondering how to do this in rails where the user gets a
>> subdomain in the link of the site.
>>
>> example: username.tadalist.com
>>
>> Or if you know of a reference, please point me to it.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> The solution is to use wildcard DNS (*.tadalist.com) and the
> account_location plugin. I'm planning on writing an article on
> customizing the plugin for specific uses, but the source file itself is
> pretty informative. Just google for it.

Hi Bryan, do you have a website / mailing list as to when your article
will be written?

I'd really like to read it.

Thanks for the reply

Dominic