Forum: Ruby on Rails Agile Web Development with Rails Page 33

1fbdae845f8bbcc31d680ec2d2d7797f?d=identicon&s=25 Fergur70 (Guest)
I'm a real Newb; just bought AWDwR and using it with Win2000 - it took
me
ages, and only after reading Curt Hibbs Rolling with Ruby, to realise
that I
needed to use Cmd.exe before using AWDwR's dave> instructions.
I've created Say/hello.html and I still get "Template is missing" with
http://localhost:3000/say/hello
I've read Agile-Rails-book-code-fails-page-32-t1184638.html#a3119687
which
was reassuring to know that help is out there, but that thread didn't
appear
to solve my problem.
Is there anything else I need to do/know? any references?
Sent from the RubyOnRails Users forum at Nabble.com.
F0379e983ab499fac4d972494beab5c0?d=identicon&s=25 Brez! !! (brez)
on 2006-06-10 10:04
> I've created Say/hello.html and I still get "Template is missing" with

Should be hello.rhtml [note the r]
1fbdae845f8bbcc31d680ec2d2d7797f?d=identicon&s=25 Fergur70 (Guest)
Brez ... I'm getting missing template message with hello.rhtml. Are you?
Ray
Sent from the RubyOnRails Users forum at Nabble.com.
224b787861d66cc06fa539df14672763?d=identicon&s=25 Eddie Son (deezzer)
on 2006-06-11 11:34
Fergur70 wrote:
> Brez ... I'm getting missing template message with hello.rhtml. Are you?
> Ray
> --
> Sent from the RubyOnRails Users forum at Nabble.com.

When you go to your localhost:3000/, do you at least get the "Welcome
Aboard" page?

If you don't, you may have your installation of Rails wrong, try
starting all over again.

If you do, it says "Templete is missing" because you have not done
anything in your 'views' folder. Keep reading the book, and your
solution is on page 50

Like someone said out there, the hardest part is setting up.

Dominic
1fbdae845f8bbcc31d680ec2d2d7797f?d=identicon&s=25 Fergur70 (Guest)
Dominic, hi ... I can get the Welcome Aboard page, no problem. I was
begining
to wonder if there is  something extra I needed to do with the
demo/app/views/say/hello.rhtm document - it definately  cannot be found!
However, I'll take your tip and read on. Thanks for feedback and
encouragement ... Ray
PS: there  is a typo in my last response, I do use hello.rhtml ... Ray
Sent from the RubyOnRails Users forum at Nabble.com.
3eda6fcd3204ef285fa52176c28c4d3e?d=identicon&s=25 bbqtree (Guest)
on 2006-06-12 04:17
hey fergur, if i create a forum, maybe we can we can work together since
i am also working on agile rails book. im sure they are plent of people
out there like us.

Fergur70 wrote:
> I'm a real Newb; just bought AWDwR and using it with Win2000 - it took
> me
> ages, and only after reading Curt Hibbs Rolling with Ruby, to realise
> that I
> needed to use Cmd.exe before using AWDwR's dave> instructions.
> I've created Say/hello.html and I still get "Template is missing" with
> http://localhost:3000/say/hello
> I've read Agile-Rails-book-code-fails-page-32-t1184638.html#a3119687
> which
> was reassuring to know that help is out there, but that thread didn't
> appear
> to solve my problem.
> Is there anything else I need to do/know? any references?
> --
Zaphod, hi

I'm up for sharing a forum; will we need to use similar environments -
I'm
using Ruby, Rails, MySql and WINDOWS (currently Win2000) - what are you
using?

I have solved my P33 template missing (uknown to me the file was created
as
hello.rhtml.txt and file type .txt was not displayed by Windows
Explorer). I
had progressed to P54, but now I'm back to P24 to try to instal MySql,
properly; I've got MySql 5.0 on Windows and AWDwR isn't using either! -
do
you have problems with MySql?

regards Ray
Sent from the RubyOnRails Users forum at Nabble.com.