Forum: Ruby on Rails [REL] Manage Fixtures 2.0.0

00e3a96684ab390a350b0271e98741d3?d=identicon&s=25 Nshbrown Nshbrown (nshb)
Just released a new version of the _Managed Fixtures_ plugin, previously
known as _Export Fixtures_.

The name change comes with some added functionality for managing the
fixtures, primarily with two new import tasks for importing specific
Models
or all of them within the test/fixtures directory.

Both new import tasks take the exported fixtures, and allow you to
directly
import one, or all of them.

= Description

This plugin is a super lightweight tool used to manage all your
fixtures,
whether it is exporting or importing them.

So if you want to export all your data from your production server into
your
development environment, this will simplify the process without having
load up your database manager.

Similarly, if you want to import a selected set of Models, you can do
that
using the appropriate tasks.

= INSTALLATION

  [%] script/plugin discover
  [%] script/plugin install manage_fixtures

= USAGE

Create YAML test fixtures from data in an existing database. Defaults to
development database. Set RAILS_ENV to override.

  [%] rake db:fixtures:export_all

Create YAML test fixtures for a specific table(s) from data in an
existing
database. Defaults to development database. Set RAILS_ENV to override.

  [%] rake db:fixtures:export_for_tables TABLES=foos[,bars]

Create YAML text fixtures based on a specific SQL query

  [%] rake db:fixtures:export_using_query SQL="select * from foo where
id='bar'" FIXTURE_NAME=foo

Import the YAML test fixtures for specific models from data in an
existing
database. Defaults to development database. Set RAILS_ENV to override.

  [%] rake db:fixtures:import_for_models MODELS=Foo[,Bar,Land]

Import all YAML test fixtures for all of the models from data in an
existing
database. Defaults to development database. Set RAILS_ENV to override.

  [%] rake db:fixtures:import_all
Db303dc84d03a992b33cd3ac978f89ae?d=identicon&s=25 Benjamin Curtis (Guest)
Published at http://agilewebdevelopment.com/plugins/manage_fixtures :)

--
Benjamin Curtis
http://www.bencurtis.com/
On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 21:22:16 -0700, Benjamin Curtis wrote:

> Published at http://agilewebdevelopment.com/plugins/manage_fixtures :)

I just wanted to give a hearty thanks to Benjamin for personally keeping
up
with all the announcements here and funnelling them into an RSS feed for
the rest of us.  It's got to be a lot of work, but it's highly
appreciated,
and if he's going to be at RailsConf, I for one, will buy him a drink.

Jay Levitt
On Jun 11, 2006, at 7:54 AM, Jay Levitt wrote:

> appreciated,
> and if he's going to be at RailsConf, I for one, will buy him a drink.
>
> Jay Levitt

Thanks!  It's a pleasure to provide the resource to the Rails
community.  I will be at RailsConf, and even presenting (http://
www.bencurtis.com/archives/2006/03/railsconf/).  You don't need to
buy me a drink, but do stop by and say 'hi'. :)

--
Benjamin Curtis
http://www.bencurtis.com/
http://www.tesly.com/ -- Collaborative test case management
http://www.agilewebdevelopment.com/ -- Resources for the Rails community
30ee518e6fdc5b07e060775b5a542bdb?d=identicon&s=25 Jón Borgþórsson (jongretar)
> On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 21:22:16 -0700, Benjamin Curtis wrote:
>
> > Published at http://agilewebdevelopment.com/plugins/manage_fixtures :)
>
> I just wanted to give a hearty thanks to Benjamin for personally keeping up
> with all the announcements here and funnelling them into an RSS feed for
> the rest of us.  It's got to be a lot of work, but it's highly appreciated,
> and if he's going to be at RailsConf, I for one, will buy him a drink.

Well.. As I am many others can't exactly jump into planes and fly to
RailsConf. You should then set up a PayPal donations system to keep
Benjamin drunk the whole time. ;)

--

Tips always accepted via PayPal: paypal@<my domain name>. :)