Forum: Ruby ruby-prof for windows

Ff880f3622a3ecd57d5e8d8721e4ef35?d=identicon&s=25 Charlie Savage (Guest)
Hi everyone,

I've ported Shugo Maeda excellent ruby-prof C extension to Windows.
ruby-prof is a code profiler like the built-in ruby profiler but is
orders of magnitude faster.

I've sent my patch to Shugo.  In the meantime, I've posted a Windows
binary on my website for those who are interested.  I've also written up
an article about the changes I had to make which were fairly extensive.
  See:

http://cfis.savagexi.com/articles/2006/06/09/porti...

Hope people find this helpful,

Thanks,

Charlie

ruby-prof - http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/ruby-prof/

windows port of ruby-prof -
On Jun 9, 2006, at 2:00 PM, Charlie Savage wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've ported Shugo Maeda excellent ruby-prof C extension to Windows.
> ruby-prof is a code profiler like the built-in ruby profiler but is
> orders of magnitude faster.
>
> I've sent my patch to Shugo.  In the meantime, I've posted a
> Windows binary on my website for those who are interested.  I've
> also written up an article about the changes I had to make which
> were fairly extensive.  See:

Your patch is huge, and most of it seems to be for identical lines
(like the license section).

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com
Ff880f3622a3ecd57d5e8d8721e4ef35?d=identicon&s=25 Charlie Savage (Guest)
Hi Eric,

Sorry about that, I'm not sure how I managed that.

Anyway, Shugo and I have been working together and have moved RubyProf
Ruby SourceForge at http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby-prof/.

We'll package up RubyProf as a gem and should have an updated copy with
call graph support pretty soon.

Charlie