Forum: Ruby Jobs Contract Work for Rails Developer

5301cdc1c0b6cdf50f04af26ccd26b0c?d=identicon&s=25 Falk Lieder (falk)

I am a cognitive scientist at UC Berkeley and I would like to contract a
Rails developer to add a relatively simple feature to an existing Ruby
on Rails app. I am happy to pay standard hourly rates according to your
qualifications. Your work would be contributing to scientific research
on how to alleviate the problem of procrastination and help people
become more productive.

Concretely, we have programmed an experiment to study procrastination.
The existing app presents participants with a todo list of writing
tasks. The feature I would like you to add is recording the participants
written responses to those assignments in the data base. The current
version of the app is fully functional and available on Github. There is
also a documentation for the existing code.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with questions or quotes.

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Best wishes,

Falk Lieder
Department of Psychology
UC Berkeley
Aa9c39a4be4cb6dd2f7e2585a5b579d6?d=identicon&s=25 Frank Jones (frank27)
on 2017-03-16 09:19
Hello Falk,

I would like to assist you for this
as i have 4 year of experience in ROR and create many projects on this.

Please join me on Skype for detail discussion on your requirement

My Skype: cis.am3

Thanks & Regards
Frank Jones
5301cdc1c0b6cdf50f04af26ccd26b0c?d=identicon&s=25 Falk Lieder (falk)
on 2017-03-16 21:00
Hi Frank,

Thank you very much for your interest in our project! I tried to send
you a private message but that led to an error.

The current version of the app is available at
https://todo-list-study.herokuapp.com and the Github repository is
https://github.com/BrowenChen/Cognitive-Tools-for-...

The requirements for this project are

1. Set up a data base table, a route, an HTTP request, and a controller
method such that when a participants clicks Submit after having entered
text in one of the writing assignments, it is recorded in a data base
table along with the user id, the task id, and the submission time.
2. The form for the writing assignments is currently on an external
website (that I have control over). The form checks that responses are
at least 100 words long and displays a completion code only when this is
the case and otherwise informs the user to revise their response. This
feature should be retained, but you are welcome to integrate the
external website into the Rails app.
3. Create a controller method and route that will allow the Admin user
to export the logged responses to the writing assignments to a JSON or
CSV file.

I have received responses from quite a few developers. To help me decide
whom to contract and write the contract, please send me the following
information:

1. A realistic estimate of number of working hours
2. A realistic estimate of total cost
3. A CV and contact information of one or more employers or clients who
can comment on your work with Ruby on Rails.
4. When would you be available to start working on the project and what
would be the expected delivery date?
5. If we experience a problem with your code later on, will you be
available to fix it promptly?
6. If this project goes well, could I contract you again for adding
additional features at a later time?

Thank you very much!

You can find my e-mail address on my website:
https://sites.google.com/site/falklieder/.

Best, Falk