Forum: Ruby [Off-Topic] Before learning Rails

Be955f2578b8971802ceab589fe24ad3?d=identicon&s=25 Suresh Ilankovan (sureshhey)
on 2017-01-20 06:18
Hi i just finished learning ruby. Ok maybe i would say i am comfortable
writing a ruby program. Before i start learning rails. I would like to
ask you all. Is it wise to learn both HTML & CSS together with rails at
the same time? Also i am using Agile Web Development with Rails 5. I
realize the book doesn't teach you step by step process like ruby. Are
all the rails book in the market like that?
B86b24a2328e75463eba17d8597a1105?d=identicon&s=25 Tom G. (nismo)
on 2017-01-23 05:55
I don't have much experience with Rails myself just yet. I would suggest
tackling html/css first. If your dedicated to learning it, you can pick
up a lot of html in one weekend. I mean really its just anchors, hrefs,
div, span, tables, listes, etc. To really grasp CSS, maybe a week.
You'll build on your html skills while practicing CSS, pretty straight
forward. The resources that I use are listed below, in the order that I
use them. I dive into the free ones first.

codeacademy.com - because its free and a good primer.
w3schools.com - again because its free, loads of info
teamtreehouse.com - my personal favorite subscription. Worth it imo.

If your dedicated to learning it, I'd say give it a week and you'll have
html/css down.

-nismo-
Be955f2578b8971802ceab589fe24ad3?d=identicon&s=25 Suresh Ilankovan (sureshhey)
on 2017-01-24 03:49
Tom G. wrote in post #1185476:
> I don't have much experience with Rails myself just yet. I would suggest
> tackling html/css first. If your dedicated to learning it, you can pick
> up a lot of html in one weekend. I mean really its just anchors, hrefs,
> div, span, tables, listes, etc. To really grasp CSS, maybe a week.
> You'll build on your html skills while practicing CSS, pretty straight
> forward. The resources that I use are listed below, in the order that I
> use them. I dive into the free ones first.
>
> codeacademy.com - because its free and a good primer.
> w3schools.com - again because its free, loads of info
> teamtreehouse.com - my personal favorite subscription. Worth it imo.
>
> If your dedicated to learning it, I'd say give it a week and you'll have
> html/css down.
>
> -nismo-

Thank you.
Existing account