Forum: Ruby on Rails How many users rails can support?

F996008acf1a388ac467b49a5027b7df?d=identicon&s=25 Georgios Papanikolaou (skoumas)
on 2017-01-10 08:27
Hi guys,

I am building an enviroment using NGINX and Passenger on Digital Ocean
Servers.
The website is a airbnb style booking with membership functions and a
admin system.

How many users can the system support with fast speed until thigns start
breaking down?

We aim for 5000 users soon and so lets say 500-600 browsing at the same
time.

Also after that what should I do to scale the servers?
3e312ef6c09f4106f0f76b83d9dc7602?d=identicon&s=25 Johnny Stewart (j77j)
on 2017-01-10 12:03
Georgios Papanikolaou wrote in post #1185454:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am building an enviroment using NGINX and Passenger on Digital Ocean
> Servers.
> The website is a airbnb style booking with membership functions and a
> admin system.
>
> How many users can the system support with fast speed until thigns start
> breaking down?
>
> We aim for 5000 users soon and so lets say 500-600 browsing at the same
> time.
>
> Also after that what should I do to scale the servers?

AirBnB was built using ruby on rails....

regards,

Johnny