Forum: Ruby on Rails Simple Database Migration

3747f14c8f90566a93e0df69112cc41d?d=identicon&s=25 Kane Scott (kaneman)
on 2016-05-02 05:29
I am very new to Ruby and need to do a simple database migration. I have
a table in my database called data_sources and I need to update record
id 3 field systems from Fusion to Fusion,Matrix.

I had ruby auto create the file but then I just got lost.

class UpdateDataSourcesGlvarSystems < ActiveRecord::Migration
  def change

Thanks for the help,

Kane
4c6bde00168d595053c09aac7e487f8e?d=identicon&s=25 Colin Law (Guest)
On 2 May 2016 at 04:29, Kane Scott <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I am very new to Ruby and need to do a simple database migration. I have
> a table in my database called data_sources and I need to update record
> id 3 field systems from Fusion to Fusion,Matrix.

Do you mean that you are trying to change the contents of just one
record in the database from one text string to another?  That is not
what migrations are for, they are for changing the structure of the
database.

As you are a beginner I suggest you start by working right through a
good tutorial such as railstutorial.org (which is free to use online)
which will show you the basics of rails.

Colin
3747f14c8f90566a93e0df69112cc41d?d=identicon&s=25 Kane Scott (kaneman)
on 2016-05-02 09:49
Thank you I will do that.

Kane