Forum: Ruby on Rails MySql Database Configration with Ruby On Rails.

unknown (Guest)
Hello Everyone

MySql Database Configuration with Ruby On Rails.

Tell Me the correct way  of using MySql Database with ROR.

Currently i am using Linux Ubuntu 14.04 & my Ruby Version :    ruby
2.1.4,
Rails 4.2.5 & mysql : mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.46.

Thanks

Best Webtech
Colin Law (Guest)
On 18 December 2015 at 05:26,  <bestwebtechjaipur@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Everyone
>

> MySql Database Configuration with Ruby On Rails.
>

> Tell Me the correct way  of using MySql Database with ROR.
>
> Currently i am using Linux Ubuntu 14.04 & my Ruby Version :    ruby 2.1.4,
> Rails 4.2.5 & mysql : mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.46.

Do you already know how to develop using ROR?  If not then start by
working right through a good tutorial such as railstutorial.org (which
is free to use online) which will show you the basics of Rails.

Once you have done that (or if you already know how to develop with
rails) then in Gemfile remove any database specific gems you have and
replace with
gem 'mysql2'
and in database.yml put
  adapter: mysql2
  socket: /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

Colin
F3af77de3a8e6676f5c41db40a581b81?d=identicon&s=25 bayram k. (bayram_tm)