Forum: Ruby on Rails Gem mailcatcher - do not received emails

Dmitrij B. (Guest)
I create new user. After creating should received confirmation mail. but
when i open mailcatcher(http://127.0.0.1:1080/)... nothing!

i use mailcatcher v. 0.5.12, Rails 3.2.22

In development.rb added:

# Don't care if the mailer can't send
      config.action_mailer.delivery_method = :smtp
      config.action_mailer.smtp_settings = { :address => "localhost",
:port
=> 1025 }
      config.action_mailer.raise_delivery_errors = true

What is wrong with settings? How check error? Please, help, thank you.
Elizabeth McGurty (Guest)
I just googled: mailcatcher port smtp.  Found lots of interesting
information.

Seems that your config should read per
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12554909/using-...

config.action_mailer.smtp_settings = { :address => "127.0.0.1", :port =>
1025 }

Hope this helps
Dmitrij B. (Guest)
i checked with 127.0.0.1.

nothing.

четверг, 16 июля 2015 г., 17:27:45 UTC+3 пользователь Dmitriy написал:
Elizabeth McGurty (Guest)
Ummm!  What's in your gemfile?
Elizabeth McGurty (Guest)
run gem list
Fernando Kakimoto (Guest)
Hi Dmitriy.

Do you use background jobs to send emails? If so, you probably need to
start them in development.

Take a look at your test/development.log and check if email is actually
being sent. Maybe that should help figuring out the issue.

Cheers,
Fernando

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 1:06 PM, Elizabeth McGurty
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk...
> .

Fernando Kakimoto
http://www.twitter.com/nandokakimoto
Hassan S. (Guest)

> In development.rb added:

>       config.action_mailer.delivery_method = :smtp
>       config.action_mailer.smtp_settings = { :address => "localhost", :port
> => 1025 }
>       config.action_mailer.raise_delivery_errors = true

In development mode, the default is to *not* actually send mails, so
you need to change that:

         config.action_mailer.perform_deliveries = true

HTH,
http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan