Forum: Ruby on Rails Does Edge Rails play well with GEM Rails?

9d1f5d2d9de70bd9a934f557dc95a406?d=identicon&s=25 Daniel ----- (liquid)

I have the current version of GEM rails installed on my machine at the
moment.  I would like to put edge rails on for a project that I'm
working
on, but I would like to keep the Gem version, at least for the moment.

Also is there any documentation about installing Edge rails?  I have
looked
on the wiki but it was not obvious to me where it is.

Cheers
Daniel
655b8c68c3e861893dfabed725dd3a05?d=identicon&s=25 Rodney Ramdas (rodney)
assuming your doing something on *nixish machine:

cd $RAILS_ROOT/vendor
svn co http://dev.rubyonrails.org/svn/rails/trunk rails

start your app

you're now running of Edge Rails

enjoy :-)

you should have subversion installed ofcourse

/r/r

On 6/8/06, Daniel N <has.sox@gmail.com> wrote:
> Daniel

Rodney
http://www.pinupgeek.com
http://www.dutchrailers.org
9d1f5d2d9de70bd9a934f557dc95a406?d=identicon&s=25 Daniel ----- (liquid)
Cheers that worked a treat.  Even on a windoze box :)