Forum: Ruby on Rails Site5 Hosting: Defautl Root Directory for site

C09a7adfa900a4b49939e65dd64f2a2a?d=identicon&s=25 Nathan P. Verni (Guest)
Just signed up for hosting with Site5.  So far the service has been
great, but one question I had couldn't be answered by the tech support.
I need to change the default root directory of my site from public_html
to a rails directory (i.e. foo/app/public).  The tech support suggested
mod_rewrite.  Any other suggestions on ways to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Nathan
03cb7371db223067d0daab54e1f95cb2?d=identicon&s=25 Abdur-rahman Advany (abdurrahman)
Nathan,

You could try to remove public_html and make a symlink to your rails
dir's public directory.

Greets,

Abdul

Nathan P. Verni wrote: