Forum: Ruby on Rails Question on login generators, plugins

620c12639078ea2dde8a3b50ccee4c05?d=identicon&s=25 Dark Ambient (Guest)
Not sure if I want to build my own or use something already built that's
out
there.
This is the first step in my project though and a major one, so some of
my
requirements would be:
1-The ability for a user to register themselves
2-Email / link activation
3-Access levels (or ACL control - I think they are basically the same).
4-The ability to track users either through session or cookies (or
both).

If I build my own (being a ror newb) are there any good pointers for
getting
started on a reg / login system ?

My apologies as this has most likely been discussed before but things
change
so I'm asking.

TIA
Stuart
49aad53067be9e971b31de2ea3e08871?d=identicon&s=25 Hilton (Guest)
on 2006-06-07 11:15
You can use the following
Engine
Login Generator Engine
User Engine
this will cover all your needs
Regards
Hilton
43ec5998360a0cc21b51afef1781e9c0?d=identicon&s=25 Daniel Higginbotham (danieldaniel)
Hi Stuart,

This should help:
http://www.aidanf.net/rails_user_authentication_tutorial

  _____

[...]

620c12639078ea2dde8a3b50ccee4c05?d=identicon&s=25 Stuart Fellowes (zanoni)
Daniel,
Thank you...grea stuff.

Stuart