Forum: Ruby on Rails RIDE-ME

E5505e0fd5c273c514e026d716de4765?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Leung (Guest)
on 2006-06-07 02:58
I know these forums are typically for questions and such, but I thought
some of you may be interested in this...

For the past couple months I've been working on a Windows based IDE for
Rails development in my spare time. It closely resembles Visual Studio
in many respects, so if you're a former ASP .NET developer like me,
you'll feel right at home.

RIDE-ME is still in the early stages of development, but I'm using it
every day to create a large Rails app, and it's working great.

Check it out at: <a href="www.projectrideme.com">ProjectRideMe.com</a>

I'm also actively seeking C# / Rails developers to participate. :)
668e7faa74d5e767e77d39518893c367?d=identicon&s=25 David Marko (Guest)
on 2006-06-07 09:24
What version of .NET is required?  1.1 or 2.0? I have 2.0 but have
problems with RIDE-ME stability. It fails a lot, no syntax highlighting
for ruby files ... etc ...

David

Michael Leung wrote:

> I know these forums are typically for questions and such, but I thought
> some of you may be interested in this...
>
> For the past couple months I've been working on a Windows based IDE for
> Rails development in my spare time. It closely resembles Visual Studio
> in many respects, so if you're a former ASP .NET developer like me,
> you'll feel right at home.
>
> RIDE-ME is still in the early stages of development, but I'm using it
> every day to create a large Rails app, and it's working great.
>
> Check it out at: <a href="www.projectrideme.com">ProjectRideMe.com</a>
>
> I'm also actively seeking C# / Rails developers to participate. :)
E5505e0fd5c273c514e026d716de4765?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Leung (Guest)
on 2006-06-07 15:48
Hey David, it was designed for version 2.0.

Can you be specific about the errors you get please?

Does the syntax highlighting work for any other type of file??

Michael Leung

David Marko wrote:
> What version of .NET is required?  1.1 or 2.0? I have 2.0 but have
> problems with RIDE-ME stability. It fails a lot, no syntax highlighting
> for ruby files ... etc ...
>
> David
>
> Michael Leung wrote:
>>
>> I know these forums are typically for questions and such, but I thought
>> some of you may be interested in this...
>>
>> For the past couple months I've been working on a Windows based IDE for
>> Rails development in my spare time. It closely resembles Visual Studio
>> in many respects, so if you're a former ASP .NET developer like me,
>> you'll feel right at home.
>>
>> RIDE-ME is still in the early stages of development, but I'm using it
>> every day to create a large Rails app, and it's working great.
>>
>> Check it out at: <a href="www.projectrideme.com">ProjectRideMe.com</a>
>>
>> I'm also actively seeking C# / Rails developers to participate. :)
E5505e0fd5c273c514e026d716de4765?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Leung (Guest)
on 2006-06-07 16:15
Hey again David,

I see what the issue is. On some machines, it seems the syntax
highlithing files were not being copied by the installer.

If you donwload it now, it should be golden.

http://www.projectrideme.com/downloads/RideMe.Setup.msi

Thanks for bringin this to my attention.

Michael Leung

Michael Leung wrote:

> Hey David, it was designed for version 2.0.
>
> Can you be specific about the errors you get please?
>
> Does the syntax highlighting work for any other type of file??
>
> Michael Leung
>
> David Marko wrote:
>> What version of .NET is required?  1.1 or 2.0? I have 2.0 but have
>> problems with RIDE-ME stability. It fails a lot, no syntax highlighting
>> for ruby files ... etc ...
>>
>> David
>>
>> Michael Leung wrote:
>>>
>>> I know these forums are typically for questions and such, but I thought
>>> some of you may be interested in this...
>>>
>>> For the past couple months I've been working on a Windows based IDE for
>>> Rails development in my spare time. It closely resembles Visual Studio
>>> in many respects, so if you're a former ASP .NET developer like me,
>>> you'll feel right at home.
>>>
>>> RIDE-ME is still in the early stages of development, but I'm using it
>>> every day to create a large Rails app, and it's working great.
>>>
>>> Check it out at: <a href="www.projectrideme.com">ProjectRideMe.com</a>
>>>
>>> I'm also actively seeking C# / Rails developers to participate. :)
668e7faa74d5e767e77d39518893c367?d=identicon&s=25 David Marko (Guest)
on 2006-06-07 16:18
When I open the project and try to open any .rb file, it fails with
error that I'm missing some files in 'resources' folder but there is not
such subdirectory in my installation folder. Here is a list what has
been installed. Just these files, no subfolders.

David

C:\Program Files\CoyoteDrinkers\RIDE-ME\ICSharpCode.TextEditor.dll
C:\Program Files\CoyoteDrinkers\RIDE-ME\layout.rmd
C:\Program Files\CoyoteDrinkers\RIDE-ME\options.rmd
C:\Program Files\CoyoteDrinkers\RIDE-ME\rails.ico
C:\Program Files\CoyoteDrinkers\RIDE-ME\recent.rmd
C:\Program Files\CoyoteDrinkers\RIDE-ME\RideMe.exe
C:\Program Files\CoyoteDrinkers\RIDE-ME\RideMe.CommandManagement.dll
C:\Program Files\CoyoteDrinkers\RIDE-ME\RideMe.Core.dll
C:\Program Files\CoyoteDrinkers\RIDE-ME\SandDock.dll
E5505e0fd5c273c514e026d716de4765?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Leung (Guest)
on 2006-06-07 16:43
David,

There should be a resources sub folder.

Can you please uninstall and download